sadlebags!!!

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by akyramoto, Jun 24, 2008.

1. akyramoto

akyramoto Member

hello!

so I'd really like to get some saddle bags for my Whizzer. Does anyone have any 'non' whizzer brand bags on theirs??

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008

2. GasKicker

GasKicker Member

I got some Bell bags at Wal-mart. $10 each. They're not very deep but sufficient for my needs. They're made to attach to the handle bars with velcro straps, but they mount nicely on either side of my luggage rack.
    I'd like to find some deeper ones. perhaps fabric coolers or small backpacks would work with a little ingenuity. Follow the yellow brick road to WallyWorld and let your imagination soar.

3. akyramoto

akyramoto Member

I'm seriously thinking about either getting a pattern for some saddlebags, or design my own that kinda replicate the bags on the xtracycles. Gotta drag out the sewing machine!

i found a place that has the pattern & gives you the right amount of water repellant condura fabric. cool stuff

4. akyramoto

akyramoto Member

5. Saddle bags?

I've been doing SaddleBags for quite some time now. Here is my bike and a link to my webmasters bike. Here is Dale's bike. http://www.simpsonmotorbikes.com/DALEBAGStn.html
    I just sold 3 sets, and do not know what I have left in stock, but I can surely order more.

Ride On!

Mike

Attached Files:

• RED3.JPG
      RED3.JPG
      File size:
      148.7 KB
      Views:
  6. THEOZON

THEOZON New Member

JUST GOT A SET OF THESE. THE SIZE IS GREAT FOR A WHIZZER AND THE PRICE IS NOT BAD. ALSO GREAT QUALITY. YOU CAN PICK THEM UP HIGHER ON THE BACK RACK SO AS TO KEEP OFF OF THE MUFFLER.
    eBay Motors: Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags Tool Saddle Bag Small 360 (item 200233319082 end time Jun-25-08 17:32:52 PDT)

7. akyramoto

akyramoto Member

we ended up finding a deal at the local helmet dealer. they were only $25, they're cheap though, but they work!!!

8. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Mike, I really like the bags in the pictures. Can you give a "ball park" retail amount? What are they made from [leather, etc]? PM me if necessary.

Whizzer OuterBanks LTD
    A North Carolina Corporation
    Quenton "Lee" Guenther

9. I'm thinking of making some hard bags out of marine plywood, using the stich and glue method from kayak building. You just wire 3mm plywood together with copper wire, and fill the edge with epoxy. Then remove the wires and fill the corners and paint it with thin clear epoxy resin, adding fiberglass cloth if necessary. Waterproof seals can be made with foam and nylon hardware.

10. Bag construction

Hi Lee, ALL leather with matching toolbags also availble I'll contact you about pricing.

Mike

11. bushido

bushido Member

i'm planning on using ammo boxes for my 'saddlebags'.

12. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

One option (if one doesn't want saddlebags or they're out of one's budget) would be Wald's folding rear basket. It mounts to the side of any tubular rear carrier and will fold flat (1" thick) when not in use. I've talked to people who have used them, and really like them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  13. THEOZON

THEOZON New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YEA GOT HER ON THE ROAD YESTERDAY.

14. Matt_b

Matt_b New Member

THEOZON, are those the small tool bags off ebay? I believe I saw the same one mike is selling from this same guy. I think Im gonna have to order some soon. anybody know where to get some nice hardshelled bags for a rear rack?

15. THEOZON

THEOZON New Member

Yep Those Are The Ones On E-bay. Fit Real Nice Not Too Big.

16. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

Just bought a set today. Nice, but I don't think I will be able to get a twelve-pack in one!

John

17. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

They'll fit!

I bought one of the sets of saddlebags off Ebay like THEOZON's. Well, last Friday I stopped and bought my weekend supply---two twelve packs! I can carry a case of beer! Wahoo!!!

John

18. THEOZON

THEOZON New Member

Right Arm. I Punched Some New Holes In Mine To Bring The Bags Up Higher On The Bike. Also Used Black Tie-locks To Lace It Up On The Rear Rack And Fender Braces. Yea I Had A Load Of Wine In Mine This Past Weekend. Works Great.