Safety Safety & Maintainence Tips from MB.c's Members

sharing this scott i think is comendable. hard to tell someone no when they ask to try our bikes we have all been thier. i let someone once go around the block at least that is what i told them. they decided to go a longer ride and of course i was panicked thinking something happened to them. never again will anyone ride the bike but me. they go a little to fast and a little to dangerous. i can live with be called a jerk for not letting them ride it. i could not live with someone getting hurt because i did let them ride. scotts pictures he showed tells the story how dangerous these bikes can be. i have crashed more mountain bikes broke bones everything else then you can imagine and never had any damage even close to what happened here. someone could get killed on these and a lot easier then we think

hey scottm, now you have a reason to go springer...
always look for the bright side of things, dude !!!
maybe your friend will become a member :LOL:

Scott, that doesn't look too bad. Could have been much worse. Just sucks to get it all together and have a setback. At least the engine you waited on so long is not damaged. Get that springer fork and you will be back in business.

safety

I dont know if this has been said in the previous 7 pages, but roll your pant legs up! this happened monday. my jeans got pulled into and wrapped around the motor sprocket :eek:. i was able to place my right foot down only, as the left was stuck to the motor. locked up the wheel, and i skidded to a halt. good thing i wasnt on gravel, or taking a turn.

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 389
Good point spunout. Since it's been cooler here in Texas and I have been wearing jeans when I ride, I have been concerned about this happening. I usually wear baggy jeans, but I have been wearing slimmer ones for the riding. I didn't really think this could happen, but you have proven otherwise. Glad you were not hurt. We are all guinea pigs of sorts aren't we?

wear eye protection and always take pics of things when u take them apart then after you get it all together its not oh f*** where did that thing come from

Minibiker, that reminds me of a method for not losing pieces when you're working on something. Get one of those magnetic signs they use on company cars. when you take something apart, put the pieces on the magnet. Bearings and springs won't sneak off on you.

I don't think this was mentioned here but if you have a coaster brake cruiser and feel that the coaster brake alone is enough to stop your ride at speed,Murphy's law states that one day when your going 30 mph coming to an intersection,your peddle chain will mysteriously derail and oh noes you have no brakes.
Also if you have only hand brakes front and rear and it's raining while you are riding 30 mph down the road,kiss yourself goodby cause oh noes you have no brakes and you won't know until your dodging cars at an intersection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back