Crashes safety tips from recently injured

jatgm1

Local time
9:58 AM
Hello, I've been riding a motored bike for some time and this is the first time I've ever crashed/fell and I felt that sharing what I learned from my mistakes would be a good idea. I had a go pro on when it happened and will add the footage when I can.
I would like to start by saying that I was wearing only a t shirt and jeans, the big problem, and a bigger one, I was NOT PAYING PROPER ATTENTION. Now, had I been wearing, as I should have been my xion d3o suit, I would have simply walked away pissed off that I bent my front tire's quick release axle thing and broke my mirror. But i didn't. And spent 6 hours in the ER and over a week now in a sling. now, dispite traveling over 30 on impact, the bike was still able to get me home so I could get driven to the hospital. The bikes you build are usually too light for this to do much, and the pedals protect the engine, but if I had been wearing a normal bicycle helmet instead of a motorcycle helmet I may have been concussed or comatose. Please take the time effort and money to buy a stunt suit or motorcycle padding if you have a motored bicycle. I was going about 30 to maybe 33 tops and still got injured. I'm not saying don't get into motored bikes, I just got back from the store on mine(in a d30 suit) I'm saying take the necessary precautions. I would have walked away unscathed if I did and learned my lesson.

Attachments

• KIMG0196.jpg
    KIMG0196.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 346
  • download_20160928_190204.jpeg
    download_20160928_190204.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 368
Back