Ebay Saw this on eBay -43cc Mitsubishi engine $255-

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by lowracer, Jan 10, 2013.

1. lowracer

lowracer Member

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

If that motor is plug n play for a fd kit thats an awesome price for a 43cc mits.

3. lowracer

lowracer Member

Darwin,
    I bought one today & will let you know how it works out once received.
    It does come with the clutch.
    I was was able to work a deal for 'engine only'.
    I might get another if I like it as much as my Tanaka 40...
    -Lowracer-

4. kallsop

kallsop Member

How does the TU43 compare to the TLE43? I have a TLE43 and it is the best. Never let me down, good power. If the TLE48 ever makes it here, I'll be getting one.

5. lowracer

lowracer Member

kallsop,
    I just ordered it a few hours ago & hopefully will have it within a week (NY to SC).
    I'll post my observations here after a good run in.
    I'm in love with my Tanaka 40cc & just can't find a replacement for less than $349 right now (I check everyday).
    If this engine measures up to the Tanaka, it would be a real winner at almost 2 for 1.
    I'm not sure yet where I'll be mounting this new Mitsu, either onto my MB or my stand-up scooter?
    -Lowracer-

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

http://www.m-and-d.com/TAN-PF-4000.html 40cc tanaka $322...........great deal on the mits. Let us know how it works. I have a feeling the letters like tle just refer to what application its going on or designed for.

7. lowracer

lowracer Member

arwin,
    The engine arrived today & I just unboxed it.
    I may have enough time tomorrow to get it installed on either the MB or the Scooter?
    I had pilaged the Tanaka 40 engine from the MB to get the scooter operational, but may need to swap it back.
    -Low-

8. lowracer

lowracer Member

I swapped the Tanaka 40cc back onto the MB & installed the new Mitsubishi 43cc onto the scooter.
    It started on the 2nd pull & purred like a kitten.
    I was able to test drive it a little this morning after soldering up a new throttle cable.
    I didnt push it since it needs a proper break-in.
    From what I can tell, the stock Mitsubishi exhaust is quieter than the Tanaka w/ its stock exhaust.
    The Tanaka saw increased performance & is quieter just by bolting up a 80cc stock china girl std muffler.
    I may add one of these two pipes I've been eyeballing.
    For the scooter, I need a pipe that is more compact than the china girl std size.
    -lowracer-

Attached Files:

9. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Hi Low,
    Can you PM me what it Mitsu Engine only ran you? Thanks. :)

10. lowracer

lowracer Member

The engine alone is $200.
    Not sure if there are alot available since seller has to remove it & install a different engine to sell the tool part of the unit.
    -Lowracer-

11. lowracer

lowracer Member

I got some more miles riding this new scooter and am real impressed with the Mitsubishi engine.
    It starts on the very 1st pull everytime and runs great.
    I am really looking forward to adding the muffler.
    From my experience with the 40cc & 47cc Tanaka's, the stock restrictive muffler really keeps the engine from performing at its best.
    -Lowracer-

12. lowracer

lowracer Member

Mitsubishi 43cc engine - $200 w/free shipping

I ordered 3 shorter China Girl type mufflers from Gasbike.net which haven't arrived yet.
    Also I ordered another Mitsubishi 43cc engine ($200 w/free shipping) & got it yesterday.
    -Lowracer-

Attached Files: