SBP 4 Stoke Prototype

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by Ghost0, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Thought I would give all you nice folks here a sneak peak at the new 4 stroke kit. If it wasn't raining I would be out riding.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

You need to break that Honda in right!

3. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

So I am told but not as lengthy as a 2 stroke.

4. mabman

mabman Member

Nice Jim, looks really good and ready for Alabama Hill. You have to get down to Jack's though and get you a cable and housing cutter so that it doesn't resemble a fully rigged ship! Rain shouldn't stop a 'hamster buddy. Ride on.

PS That bb spindle is holmesesque.

5. Pablo

His Dremel is busted.

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

With my Honda & HS i took it relatively easy for the first 300Mls,thereafter swapped to a fually synthetic oil & gave it as much throttle as i felt like.
    Some ppl don't bother with a break-in but i did.

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Ghost....what is the price of this kit please & is it(IYO) perfected,or would it require occasional upgrade tweeks?

8. Pablo

We haven't fully determined the price yet, not perfected - still in test.

Honda engines should not be broken in too easy.

9. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

My dreams have been answered....almost.Looks great now I run a single speed so this would work just like a standard jackshaft? I would luv to get rid of that freekin tensioner.MotoMagz

10. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

what are we going to do tonight Brain ? the same as always Pinky, we're going to take over the world !! :devilish: :jester:

go. go Ghost0

11. Pablo

Yes. Indeed, that is what we are talking about.:detective:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  12. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Just ride it and don't spend too much time at one rpm (vary the engine speed a lot) and don't over-rev it too often.

13. Pablo

Yes, just don't baby it.

14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Dang. Now I'll have to add another project to a list that's already too long.

15. mabman

mabman Member

And Jim there is something coming down the pipe that may change your tune, because in fact you can work with the exhaust on a 4 stroke to really change the way it delivers power. It is a different formula than a 2 stroke but still follows the same general principles. It has to do with optimal length and varying diameters in other words.

16. Pablo

It should be banned!!

17. mabman

mabman Member

Definitely the drawback to 4 stroke is their width including a drive system as compared to an HT. If anyone had an extra half mil around you could probably solve the problem but in the mean time throw the q factor equations (http://www.recumbents.com/WISIL/qfactor/qfactor.htm) out the window and be gentle pedaling, if you ever do, with that left leg! I know plenty of folks that have bent bb spindles that only stuck out just far enough for the crank to fit on.

18. cpierce

cpierce New Member

Time line

What is the outlook on these kits now? Do you have any update on the time line for these?

19. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

We are still testing. To be honest we have been busy doing some other work related items but will hit it again in earnest next week. I should be able to post some performance figures soon. I would say another 60 to 90 days before we have it on the market.

20. cpierce

cpierce New Member

Thank you, I am looking forward to this and your further improvements to motored biking.