SBP chamber + stock header pipe ?

danlandberg

Local time
7:02 AM
Has anyone had to use the two together? I have a SBP chamber, But it will not fit (with the pieces that come with the chamber), MICARGI DIY kit I got from BBerry! (down pipe or up). But I hold the chamber next to the stock pipe and I think I can get it to fit. Even though The I.D. of the stock header pipe is smaller. The chamber would be about where the stock muffler is. (out front) and hard to tune for a specific bower band. Would like some input! I have seen some long pipe from exhaust port (cylinder) to chamber, having the chamber far rearward, away from and behind everything. I under stand the workings of a chamber but have not yet learned the tuning part (for power band adjustment)! Anybody help out here? ANYBODY?...........Dan :confused: :cry:

yep... it works.

rb1.jpg

Hi vtec,

It's good to see someone posting clear, in-focus and hi-res photos.

Cheers Fabian

ps the engine, tuned pipe and red frame looks good.

Obviously from the photo it can be done but the critical tuning item is the distance from the exhaust port to the expansion chamber. 12 inches is a good start. People running an expansion chamber 2 feet behind their bike are defeating the purpose of the expansion chamber. Now true you can design one to work at that distance but the shape and diameters would have to be completely different.

Obviously from the photo it can be done but the critical tuning item is the distance from the exhaust port to the expansion chamber. 12 inches is a good start. People running an expansion chamber 2 feet behind their bike are defeating the purpose of the expansion chamber. Now true you can design one to work at that distance but the shape and diameters would have to be completely different.

the stock tail pipe was actually pretty close to what you guys gave me... it actually worked out great.

I ended up ordering two different pipes from you. The chrome one seemed to be smaller than black ones you guys are selling now. If I remember correctly... the newer black one didn't work as well as the chrome one with cut exhaust pipe header.

Why did you guys change them... are there two different models??? The only thing I could think of was different production runs, or one was made for the 49 cc and one was made for the 69cc.

We have made no changes to the pipes other than one run had a smaller muffler diameter and we have made some slight mods to make the pipe sections fit better but there have been no changes to the expansion chamber design, pipe diameters or lengths.

We have made no changes to the pipes other than one run had a smaller muffler diameter and we have made some slight mods to make the pipe sections fit better but there have been no changes to the expansion chamber design, pipe diameters or lengths.

...thats what i was talking about, the muffler dia.

GhostO, You say 2 feet (24'' from ex. port to chamber)? I need to use the stock header pipe. (It's the only way I can make this thing fit!) and it is only 8.5'' from top of ex.port to muffler. (outside radius measurement, is the longest.) I think if I have to go shorter, it will change where the chamber has to be! And not sure what power band I would be in! I would like the power band full range, but that probably won't be possible! I guess i'll just have to try it!!! Any one with advice? ....................................DAN

V Tech, That is a nice looking chamber set up!!! That's what mine should be/look like. (I hope it comes out that nice) How did you secure the chamber ti the frame? Except mine will be chrome to black. What is your header length, and what cc is your engine. Oh, and what is the chamber off of? Where did you get it?

V Tech, That is a nice looking chamber set up!!! That's what mine should be/look like. (I hope it comes out that nice) How did you secure the chamber ti the frame? Except mine will be chrome to black. What is your header length, and what cc is your engine. Oh, and what is the chamber off of? Where did you get it?

I think he was saying that people with 2 feet of piping defeat the purpose of the chamber. I believe your exhaust piping should be 6 - 12 inches from exhaust port, to chamber.

I cut the header off about 1/2 inch after the bend.

69cc grubee skyhawk.

To tie it to the frame I used a coat hanger, and a couple of zipties. I bent the hanger to shape and then secured it to the screw that holds the fender on. The zipties keep it from sagging.

Its a sick bikes chamber... they dont sell the chrome ones anymore.

Back