SBP Expansion on Skyhawk 48cc

geebt48cc

Local time
11:22 PM
Hello,

AWESOME, is the closest word I can fine. One question? After I installed everything improved, but why does it now run the best when choke is only half way off? :devilish:

Glen

Darn,

Steve, it runs great, but you've got to get the choke lever set just right before it will. Wonder what it could be considering the only part that was touched was obiously the exhaust for the new expansion pipe?:whistle:

Glen

That's definitely a symptom of a lean mixture. If you didn't remove the carb while fitting the expansion chamber, possibly it got knocked or something and shifted to cause a leak.
All I can suggest is that you double-check for leaks at both ends of the intake tube, then if it's still lean, you might need to raise the slide needle and/or go up in main jet size.

The bike has very good free RPM's now, but the only thing I've noticed is that it really doesn't have anymore lower end torque? So, acording to the directions for a smaller 48cc you don't want to shorten the pipe any for that?........Just leave well enough alone?

See, it will run up into the mid 30's now.............but I try to keep it around 20's. I'm just trying to figure out how I can tune it for a little better torque. (They say not to for smaller motors?) Uno, 1/4" either way.

First move the needle up a notch or two - or have you solved that already?

49cc engines really have little torque, no matter what - but you can tune it with the pipe a little.

See, it will run up into the mid 30's now.............but I try to keep it around 20's. I'm just trying to figure out how I can tune it for a little better torque. (They say not to for smaller motors?) Uno, 1/4" either way.

IMO--- The best improvement for more torque (in the speed range you like) would be to change to a 48 or 50 tooth rear sprocket.

my 2¢

Dave

Check with member Skyliner70cc -- he had some of these sprockets for sale.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=26560

Last edited by a moderator:
Low end on expansion pipe

Hi room,

I just got back from about 5k's. The expansion pipe on the 48cc Skyhawk is very nice . It does have much better top end, but it's slower to get there. Lower end to mids are not as good as stock muffler was. I've just put expansion pipe on. (zero tuning)

Can I tune for better low's to mid's?.......Otherwise, FANTASTIC SBP's!

Once again, TY

Glen :D

Back