SBP kit problem.

That's kinda why I asked what kind of BB/crankset we are talking about. At first I assumed it was the low cost YST conversion, but that's not the case.

Yeah and index shifter would be nice, but it is next to impossible to find a thumb style index shifter esp for a 7 speed. I have a Rapid Fire shifter but the levers do not clear the Throttle linkages. Does anyone have a spare they are willing to part with? I wonder what others have done to over come this?

I have a pretty good system of feeling out the different gears. First i start in 1st only when peadling from a dead stop, once the speed is up to around 15mph, i shift to 4th gear, and during most of my travelling i use gears 4 and 7, there is no need to use gears 1-3 unless you are recovering from a sop or major slowdown. The way i feel (hear) the grears is to listen to the changes in idle speed or rev speed as its coming back down to idle.

My BB convertion ii have is this http://sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=60 . The BB nut coming off i due to vibration, and vibration only, the other day when i was idiling at a stop light i watched my clutch lock button spin and change directions due to frequency of vibration. I have also watched other nuts vibrate apart. It could also be due to grease on the threads, im pretty sure some transferred during installation.

I also get a plusing vibration esp in the higher gears, but i think its due to a slightly out off center crank sprocket. and i can live with it.

I bought five 7 speed thumb shifters from Fleabay last month. I personally prefer the 7 speed twist shifter on the left handlebar and a centrifugal clutch so i doesn't interfere with the manual clutch lever.

You can mount them on either side and it shouldn't be confusing other than the numbers are upside down, 1st is still first and 7th is still 7th. It comes very natural to me but I came from a car racing background so it make sense to me, pull back to up shift and push forward to downshift, just like a sequential gear box in a race car.

The shifter I used clicks like 9 time, it was the front off of a Walmart "Roadmaster". I actually have the one you mentioned above, it was on the right side of my other bike. I might give that a try after some other projects.

For me I live in the "world of right handed people" and have dealt with stuff being backward all the time. I would take a "left" throttle and "right" clutch if I could find them.

Just maybe this will help;

when I've had that derailleur skip it has seemed to be a problem with a sticking chain link.
One that doesn't flex properly. Getting old and stiff.

hey yeah, its a new bike so there is no way it could be sticking.

and its the cheap crank set. as far as that goes, i used some thread locker and it seemed to have worked fine. ill keep you all updated on that. but i cant seem for the life of me to get this derailluer dialed in...dont know what to do. i wonder how hard putting a newer one would be. its a better one but i have no idea it its compatable. its a shimano tourino or something...

yeah i have one of those twist shifters and there alright...think i might want to look into one of those centrifugal rear gears because im tired of this skipping ****. how much are they and are they hard to install?

I would take it to my local bike shop and ask if they can help you adjust the derailleur. It may be that your shifter and derailleur are not compatible. Or if you have an extra derailleur they may be able to tell you if it is more compatible with your shifter.

Back