SBP shift kit design ripped off already

professor

Local time
3:14 PM
Don't know if you guys know about it, but the exact design has been copied (right down to the photo of the bike) in China and is being sold by Dax.
I am not happy about someone doing that and will remember it.
I don't think the Chinese came up with this all by themselves either.

Yep,I saw it a little while back.It is exact but I believe SBP has much better bearings in there kit and thats a big plus.
MotoMagz

I don't think the Chinese came up with this all by themselves either.

no, its very possible that they purchased a SBP kit on their own and copied it.
it IS copied, no doubt about that, but i dont think anyone should speculate anything as to how/who/when, without some definitive proof. i understand the suspicion.
Ghost-O did all the work and should be rewarded for his ingenuity, in the form of shift kit sales.
the Chinese get enough of our money. lets keep the money local.

Agreed. I don't run a HT, and I don't have s shift kit, but I definitely do not condone the theft of intellectual property. I followed the design of the unit, and this shows a definite lack of class, pure and simple. Definite lack of scruples emerging in the Chinese business plan imo. Yet another reason to boycott Chinese products as much as possible. SBP did a lot of work to develop the design, and they deserve the rewards. A company with a modicum of humanity would at least approach them for a licensing arrangement.

you guys sound surprised... these are the people that knock everything off from Gucci bags to Ferarri's.

I agree though... I dont condone theft of any kind let alone intellectual property. Sick bikes every time for me... even if it does cost more.

Remember guys, the HT was reclassified by the EPA and currently there are no HT's for 2010. (at least with EPA compliance) So once the current supply depletes, nobody will be selling the jackshaft kits for the 2 strokes as they all slowly fade away.

Except Harbor Freight.

They'll be selling comparable small 2 strokes hooked to really cheap "tools" of various sorts for a goodly while. Saw a 900 watt genset today, 2 stroke 63 cc slant cylinder engine for $109. I pulled out my pocket rule, and measured - the rough dimensions of the engine are L 9.75" x W 5.5" x H 11". It is a CC rotation engine, and appears to be designed for a 4K rpm peak power band. Looks remarkably like a re-purposed moped engine.

Back