SBP Shifter Kit Parts Question (setscrew size/keyway size)

Skyliner70cc

Local time
8:49 AM
Hi folks,
Even though I used medium loctite on clean threads, my setscrews fell out. and I lost my keyway on one of my bikes.

Can anybody tell me the size (thread and length) of the setscrews for the large sprocket on left size of engine and the size of the rectangular keyway? I'd like to get back on the road asap!

thanks!
Andy

The set screws are 1/4-20 and 1/4 inch long. The key is a 3/16 x 3/16 and anywhere from 1/2 to 1 inch long will work. The one in the kit is 3/4 inch long.

Thanks! I'm done with the medium loctite. It'll be high strength loctite or probably coating the parts with a little JB weld before I install them.

The problem is that because the hub on that sprocket is so large that by the time you get the set screw where it needs to go all the locktite has been rubbed off. I actually put a drop or 2 down the hole in the hub and some on the set screw and then install it. But you may want to try the red stuff. I wouldn't suggest JB weld.

I practically filled the key holes with medium loctite. I'm thinking red loctite is the way to go but I had run out and used what I had on hand. I still will probably use JB weld or buy spare parts for long ride. I need reliability on long rides in the middle of nowhere in the mountains and would rather suffer with the consequences of JB weld if I ever needed to disassemble the shifter kit than suffer a brake down 50 miles from the trailhead where my car is parked.

Back