Schwinn Build II (straight bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Quenton,
Over the last day I've been mounting motor 2 on the straight bar frame and I'm hoping to test the motor by the weekend! I have no tank so I bought one of those cheap stupid looking motor kit tanks on eBay till I can get a proper tank. The biggest problem so far is the bottom bracket I have is too small and does not allow me to mount it like it should be. Memory Lane was out of those when I was ordering parts so I bought one from another guy and it's much smaller. When I mocked up the bike before I used the brackets off my other bike and although very tight it seemed like I had more room.
Sunday I had my most successful ride to date on the Phantom! I worked out a few of the problems but broke my drop stand fender clip off and need to get another before I can resume with that one. This motor pops right off when starting it on the stand, however it's a ***** to try and pedal start this heavy ass bike! I felt the original belt you supplied me wit was too tight and the bike stalled everytime I tried to stop. At the time my only option was a Kevlar belt so I tried that and there was too much slippage. To make a long story short, I went back to your original belt and with some adjustments was able to make it work! A ax-27 belt is way too big!
My bike is pretty Heavy and so am I, but I was moving down the road pretty good! The bike is really quite a head turner! The way people were staring at me, I thought for a minute I was on fire! lol I expected this bike would draw some attention but every time I try to take the bike out and work on it, I'm over run by people wanting to talk about the bike. Man i Wish I had a garage!

Hi,

Might want to put some blue Loctite on the bolts holding the new stand clip on.

Not sure which brackets you are talking about in the beginning of your post. Are the tank brackets too small?

Happy to see you are getting to ride.

Have fun,

Quenton, I was referring to the bottom engine mounting bracket. Bought it used and is way smaller than normal size bracket.

Thanks Chainmaker, I'm working on the bike right now and hope to have it together this weekend. Things are a little tight right now so I'm putting it together kind of rat rod style! Hope to have some new pics up this weekend.

Well I got the bike together enough to try and see if it could start. After a few tries I zeroed out the adjustments and set them, gave it one more try and it fired right up. Very smooth and quiet with the exhaust pipe I held on to from a pacemaker 11 that I parted out. Wish I would have saved the gas tank because I'm almost embarrassed of the temporary tank I have on there.
Quenton, don't know what your talking about when you said it smoked a little at start up? Didn't leak a drop of oil either! I think I'm going to be happy with this! Took it for a quick spin and died after a few blocks. I think it was just because the petcock has 2 off positions but was able to get it going and get back home. Didn't want to get too far from home as I brought no tools with me and haven't broke out the locktite yet!
Might just keep this bike like this for a while and use it as my daily driver!

Attachments

• IMG_20140517_183651.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183651.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_20140517_183658.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183658.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20140517_183709.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183709.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20140517_183723.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183723.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20140517_183742.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183742.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20140517_183748.jpg
    IMG_20140517_183748.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 347
Put my beatssolo on (dr.dre), still couldn't hear anything.
Looks cool,coming a long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back