Schwinn Searcher; thoughts on mounting

some these guys might yell at you for not posting in the introduce your self first but welcome
what we need to know is it a 2 stroke or 4 kit

that bike looks cool with ape hanger on it the only thing i can think of is the 4 stroke kit ,,you need to change out the crank to a wider crank i think you need the 3 piece then not the 2 piece

have a look at this bike you would need to get some brakes on it but it sure looks cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-26-BEACH-CR...yZ106945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the welcome. I saw the Introduce yourself after I posted....

Anyway, here is what I came up with for the front mount:

And am I doing something wrong, because I have WAY too much chain, as you can see in picture two. I guess I will have to take the chain somewhere to shorten it??

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 353
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 340
That chain is for sure to long, you can shorten the chain yourself , i believe there is a chain tool out there, or you can grind the pin down to the link, and use a small punch, and hammer to knock the pin out of the link works really good, if you have a grinder, punch,and hammer.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention if you look on the thatsdax website, they have a pic of your bike with the kit already installed, they used the drill the hole in the frame method, but it looks your mount should be sturdy enough.

I have a little hand grinder, I will definitely try that.

Thanks for the info!

i didnt have to grind my chain down .....heres what i do just support it use a 2x4 then punch the pin though with a nail set or something that will go though the hole dont push the pin all the way out...... see how many links need to come out dont use the tensioner yet.take the right amount out then put the other side the link back together you should have a peanut with just one hole to slide together your pin side,,,,,,, or my ace hardwhere had the MASTERLINK for the chain or a bike store bring the chain with you i think it was 1/2 x 3/16 i forget now if you use the masterlink it gos on the inside towards you crank and if you do it this way you will have 2 peanuts on both sides set your tensioner up have it low your chain should stretch a bit can you flip that front bracket over ? it would rest on 2 points then or drill your frame the tighter your motor is the less issues you are goin to have with the chain and smoothness keep us updated where you are we are here mam ! whoo hoooo

(i lost my MasterLink i had it wrong side made a lot of noise and was no where to be found i bus it back home and it could of hurt me )

ps useing the MasteLlink has its advantages

Last edited:
I use a masterlink, but I still just punch the pin out with a nailset. That way, I can always add links back if I need to adjust chain length....which since I am consider a third sprocket change, I will be.

Back