Schwinn Spoke Size?

atomicmiata

Local time
11:17 PM
I just built my first motored bike starting with a new Schwinn Westwood model single speed cruiser. Does anyone know what gauge these spokes are? Will the stock spokes hold up to motoring stresses?

thanks!
-steve

rear wheel strengh

What type of engine kit did you use? Rack or frame? Generally speaking if its a new import bike you may want to consider upgrading the rear wheel.But this seems to apply mostly to rack mount kits like GEBE or Staton.Maybe sme of the frame mount guys will chime in.I do not like the prospect of having to true rear wheels with any regularity,front wheels either....Bill

What type of engine kit did you use? Rack or frame? Generally speaking if its a new import bike you may want to consider upgrading the rear wheel.But this seems to apply mostly to rack mount kits like GEBE or Staton.Maybe sme of the frame mount guys will chime in.I do not like the prospect of having to true rear wheels with any regularity,front wheels either....Bill

framemount HT 70cc.
thanks!
-steve

I think most standard bicycles have 14ga spokes. Originally, I used wheels with standard spokes and they worked fine for me. However, I needed new wheels anyway, so I bought wheels with 11ga spokes from Husky. The cost around $80 shipped and are very heavy duty...but not necessarily necessary.

Back