Schwinn Stingray Trike Custom

kewl, jfleck, right now l have 3- 12volt- 12amp SLA batteries, l was trying to shoot for a little more speed than range, l guess im just used to the gas speed, more than anything else......but will see what happens when l speak to roland. l remember him saying the controller has everything to do with speed and range. So l will find out and post back........later

If your looking for speed, you will need to change
out your controller. The ones that come with Spooky's
kits are set for low torque. Another site I found has
controllers that they say will allow you to get to 36mph

Here's the link:
http://electricrider.com/crystalyte/index.htm

They say their "4840" controler allows you to hit 36mph in 19sec
I don't know what they cost but they have others as well. . .

Check it out. . .

wow has that always been a trike or did you build out of 2 wheeler??
iether way' she is absolutely strunning

I have been thinking about putting a small gas engine running a generator battery charger as a optional range extender on the rear rack of my electric bike, thus making it a hybrid. I could still have the stealth, blessed silence of an ebike when I want. Currenly I am using solar panels to recharge my bike batteries. I'll post a picture of the solar charger one of the days.

good deal, this was a 2 wheeler, and customized the rear housing, take a look
325_IMG_0684_2.jpg

the rear housing had to be cut and re-welded, to 8 inches wide, i think it originally was 5 inches wide. also added the rear drum brake along with a front brake. this was a really long project, but worth the time and effort. l was thinking of going hybrid also, gas engine with electric wheel, but still trying to figure out what needs to be done......take care guys

hubs

Vinnie,
Were did you get your hubs for this? I was also woundering what did the rear end cost? I've been waiting to build a trike myself. Any other help or suggestions you can give me?Thanks Rod

Sure, no prob. the hubs l got from ebay item#250053301818 as for the rear end it cost about 175$. this project gets to be costly if you don't watch it. Now, are you going to be run'in gas? or electric? and what type of frame are yu going to use. its pretty good to have a plan of what you want to build before hand...........anyway, if you need advice or any help about purchasing stuff, just hit me up and l'll help if l can, thanks for the comments on the bike......................later

sweet!! anything worth doing takes time. i like that you added another seat...electric wise choice bcuz even a strong 80cc gas motor doesn't have the torque to convert a bike to a two seeded watermelon.

right on, happy, the other seat is for my daughter, she sits in ront of me while we ride. it better than sharing one seat....

Back