schwinn stingray .

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by eltatertoto, Jan 3, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i have a 0cc chopper (shwinn stingray) and i plan on putting on a chinese engine kit but before i do i was just wondering , is there any "cans of worms" i should look out for ? this site has alot of great info i just wanted to know a bit more, like i know i need a mount but at what place do i put it because i need to drill holes, and i know i need a hub but i cant remember the ebay seller's name and just any general info would be great help, i.e. with my existing bike i had to get a spring compresser (for car springs) and use it backwards to bend the frame so the engine chain didnt hit the frame... btw you cant tel i bent it :grin: thanks for all the help when i get all the stuff: i will put up progression pics and mabey a time lapse vid i dont know though...:cool:

"edit!" i dont need help with names for the hub but i still need to know where to mount the engine bracket at.... but i found this post for the hub... http://motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=58468&postcount=2

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

check the "similar threads" below...maybe some more pics and info for you there.

3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

for thye hub, i think i will try 1st without it, try and save like 50 bucks but ill keep you posted, the kit and the exhaust and the bracket are all getting shipped tommrow.:cool: i think i should have a head start on the ways to get past frame probs...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

probablly a stupid question

this question is probablly really stupid but here goes. i have an 80cc chinese engine i just bought another one for my scwinn stingray, what my question is is this new engine says its a needle bearing engine what does that mean exactly? thanks:-|

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

generally, it means that there are needle bearings at the wristpin-connecting rod instead of a bushing
    (the bushings have been the major cause of engine failure)

I would expect a needle bearinged engine to be newer stock and to last longer

6. Blue Max

Blue Max Guest

Needle bearings are the small roller type bearings, that cover a greater surface area than ball bearings, because they are cylindrical. That's pretty much it. You may have seen them in universal joints on a car's tailshaft.

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks for the info glad i bought somthing good

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

my engine kit is finally on its way! i just got the tracking info and fedex picked it up from the fedex location! im so happy! :lol:

9. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

confusing vibrations

my problem is this mornin my bike was running fine i hit 100mi today well this afternoon i hit anything above 16 and my butt pretty much vibrates off this never happened before i know there are alot of vibrations threads bun no one seems to have the same issue as me (not being that bad then the next time u ride ur butt vibrates off) any suguestions? i already have the fat a** seat... if this is normal i am taking off the engine i cant stand this. its worse than sitting on a harley with no suspension.:-x:mad::confused::?::puke::-|:cry::-/:eek::???:

10. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

one other thing i had just washed my bike the day before if that makes a difference i dont see where it would though...:???:

11. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

water might have got in the gas i broke the wings by accident and am awaiting arival of a new cam with my new engine, but i pretty much had the tank encased in a ziploc lol but water might have got in the breather i will drain the fuel tommro morning but thanks for the info the vibes were so bad my fone battery came loose...

12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

o.k. i just went outside and i opend the magnito cover i found that there was like 3-4 drops of water is that sufficent to mess it up? as for the wiring i covered it in water resistant electrical tape from the get-go. i might spray wd-40 on it anyway, but i cant find it ill have to go buy some. it ran ok except for the vibs all like 10 miles i rode it today, thats probablly the longest trip its taken yet, im pretty chicken when it comes to cops lol, couyld it be somthing with the engine over revving due to the clutch? cause it sounds kinda like when you rev the engine with it parked. i just adjusted the flower nut yesterday mabey too loose?where i have it set seems ideal no ristance at ALL when i shut the engine off and am riding.

13. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

^ ^ ^ WTF. Put a little effort into communicating with other people who like to read.

Break up your posts so we can breathe.

14. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Electrical systems and water DON'T mix very well.It's important to keep the internal electricals ABSOLUTELY dry and keep them dry.
    If necessary take your bike inside and open the magneto cover to let the internals dry out FUALLY.A hair dryer or blower heater(on low) will help speed this process.
    Reduce the risk of this sorta thing happening again by putting a sealant were water can penetrate(ie,were the wires go through the block)
    Do your flower nut up FIRM,u originally undid it so u should know the approx pressure....add blue Loctite.
    I've always treated my bike really good and it's never let me down...their nice little engines but not indestructable.

15. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

ok thanks. and my bad bean oil i havent really done anything like a fourm in a while,i usually get help from chats.

16. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

o.k. I've come to the conclusion that the engine has just worn through the innertubes that i put under the motormounts. thats all i can think of and i have to pay for my own gas, and when you make money mowing and shoveling;there is no money in a soggy melty ground. so i guess if its the gas i wont know until i burn through it unless there are some horrible effects of that. thanks for all the help, when i get wd 40 i will dry the lines. until then the bike is sitting in my shed. cause come friday (estimated time for arrival of my engine) i will have another bike to ride. thanks again - the tater

17. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

only thing that ever came off the harleys is the cigarette lighter lol:lol:

18. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

norman was i talking to you on a chat on new yrs eve?

19. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i was in a chat on new yrs eve and i was showing som 1 my dads bikes, he has a 127" el bruto engine in 1 and he turned 1 into a fat boy look alike he has 2 86 softails..:evil:

20. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

cool 100 he actually helped me with my bike he came up with and helped me get a car spring compresser and bend the frame out to clear the chain.:cool: