schwinn sx 60

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by kawasaki999, Apr 8, 2008.

1. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

my newest bike # 2 sx 60 with gp 460 50 + mph! Very comfortable bike to ride with good brakes compaired to the cannondale.

Attached Files:

2. 50+ mph? that sounds crazy! have you measured your top speed?

3. sparky

sparky Active Member

have you measured the sound decibels?? those things are LOUD!

4. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

sx 60

51.1 mph with the gp 460 backed the run with my gps, both speedo and gps read the same. the tanaka 47r will do 46.9 both have x can mufflers with internal baffles, elbows and silicone tubes, that reduced the noise, but still a little on the loud side. No db reading but sounds like aroud 90 db, I fly rc planes and they do a db reading before they let us fly so I have a couple of plane in the 90 db range and the bike is about the same. X can with no baffles no elbows, no silicone tubes is extreemly loud.

5. g1manalo

g1manalo Member

How long does you belt last. I tried looking at your post about it, cant find any. what gear do you use on it.

6. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

I am running a 15 tooth on my gp 460 also, I am pushing 6.0 hp. I have 1500 miles on my belt, but I always peddle 7,8 mph before I start engaging the motor, and I ease in to the gas, and the few times I went for top end 56.3 mph I did not give it full throtle untill I was over 30 mph. I baby it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. g1manalo

g1manalo Member

Do you mean that you have 1500 onthis belt?

How about you previous belt?

My 1st belt only lasted about 1500 miles with a gx 35. Now with the tana 40 i alway look make sure that its centern on the gear. 1000 miles so far. I like the tan way more tha the gx.

8. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

Still on my first belt.

9. richardk

richardk New Member

motor?

What kind of motor are you running and where can I get one? What is the cost, thanks I'm new to the sport, building my first now,which is a 2 cycle.

10. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

gp 460, got it at davesmotors.com. some mods will have 2 b done like much lighter clutch springs and a different muffle. I think a Tanaka 40 would be a better choise!

11. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Hi Kawasaki!

Long time no post - you dont call, you dont write? :)

How is your chopper build coming along with manic mechanic? I gotta believe its done/ near done. Plz post updated pics.

:)

12. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

occ . Sorry the build is going slow, the rear motor mount and bearing carrier is on it, still have pipes to make and belt pulleys. Jim is doing kits for 7 spoilers so when a part is made he does 7 parts at once, saves him a lot of time. Will post pics as we get farther along.