Schwinnbikes forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by a-dam, Aug 14, 2008.

1. a-dam

a-dam Member

I learned about this great site from the schwinnbikes site. Now it appears that they gave it a "remake". After waiting about 5 minutes on my dial-up connection, the home page still won't load. There used to be useful forums there that I enjoyed visiting; just like I enjoy visiting here.
    Maybe they are still in the process of "retooling". Maybe they have ruined a good thing like so many brilliant businesses here in America.
    If anyone knows how to connect to the schwinnbikes forums, let me know.

2. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Schwinn website has been revamped. I was back on last night. Try again.
  3. a-dam

a-dam Member

Yeah, "revamped". A truly horrible site design.
    With my slow dial-up connection, this MotoredBikes site will load in about 10 seconds if I disallow the scripts from running. On the Schwinn site, I had to allow the scripts, and the browser sat there, essentially frozen, for at least 10 minutes till the home page loaded enough to navigate. Then more of the same as I drilled down to locate the Forums section. The designer should be slapped; and I'm trying hard to be polite.
    Anyway, after about 20 minutes I got to Restoration Forums page. Here's the URL to get there without all the scripts, navbars, flash animations, ActiveX controls, .htc pages...

I hope nobody does a similar "upgrade" on this site!