Scoop-Schwinn announces 60 miles/4 hour charge

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles' started by bamabikeguy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I heard a snippet on Paul Harvey today, some kind of battery breakthrough.....

Sorry I don't have details, but that was the gist of his comment, 60 mile range and a 4 hour charge time.

2. beast775

beast775 Guest

ya im thinkin ya gotta pull over in 30 miles and giver a 4 hr charge again?hahaha
  3. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:shock: and the MSRP for their electric bikes are $1500-$2K.
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

but, they'll look great on the back of the hummer...kinda like a "support our troops" badge of sincerity :p
  5. bamabikeguy

Ya gotta be kidding !!

I looked around for news articles on it, found announcements from LAST year, prices never were mentioned...

Guess the batteries are titanium or some such. :???:
  6. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:shock: Yeah, the prices are on SCHWINN'S website.

a lot of bike can be built with $2k, although a fast longrange electric cruiser easily tops $1k. :cool:
  7. jerryt

jerryt Guest

The last I heard, those new Schwinn electrics are'nt on the market yet even tho the marketing pics are up. I'd sure like to see one in person.

EDIT: My bad - Just read on an e bike forum that the first one was sold a few days ago in Chicago.
  8. bamabikeguy

Boise Idaho E-store- must be a typo on the price !

9. RLK

RLK Guest

60 mile rides are very common for bicycle riders. 100 mile rides are pretty common among serious bike riders.

4 hour charge times are long for regular electrified bike riders. My old technology brushed motored bike fully charges in two hours or less twice every day.

Paul Harvey might be a little bit behind the times on electric bike technology. His numbers missed on both ends.
  10. billvon

billvon Guest

?? Breakthrough? My ebike charges fully in about 3 hours and has a ~60 mile range with all batteries installed. Cost about $1300 all told.