Scooter Patrol

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SCOOTER PATROL, Dec 25, 2008.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to you, too.

Scooter Patrol is a neat idea. Best of luck.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

what a great idea !!!

plus this can only help the motor bike cause
    I am going to look up on site if available in Lakeside -- San Diego -- Ca

thank you for riding those motor bikes THINGS for others
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

agreed... a cool IDEA!

I'll save my "Welcome", if he comes back.....

....tastes of Spam.....
  5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

It sounds like a good idea, but you're right there, it does taste of Spam. :iagree:

Not Spam !

while I understand how you may have thought I was spamming this site in order to promote Scooter Patrol it just isn't true!
    I simply wanted fellow scooter enthusiasts to know that we are using scooters in a way that is positive and saves lives, that is all.

Thank you for this wonderful website and for giving scooter people a forum where they can express their views and opinions.

Take care, ride safely and have a wonderful new year.

Scooter Patrol USA
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Thank you, Anthony, for coming back & explaining yourself.

We get lots of 1-time posters, slinging some of the craziest spam, but since your post was semi-on topic, it survived.

We are a motor assisted bicycle site, which for the most part, includes pedals. But we won't hold that against you go-pedders!! ;)

We have a ton of small engine & drivetrain info here & I'm sure you have a lot of such experience to share, too.

Also....Thank you for the service you provide!!

Enjoy the forum

Welcome to MBc. :D
  8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I'm also glad to see you aren't a spammer. Thanks for popping in and saying howdy.

Actually, we had a discussion of your service as an idea a few months ago, and I for one am glad too see you making a success of it. I am curious, though, as to how you address the potential liability issues. Basically, as I understand things, if someone is impaired enough to be unsafe to drive due to a temporary intoxication, that person is also legally incompetent to agree to a waiver of liability for the scooter patrol driver. So, that driver remains completely liable in the event of accident.

Not too mention that in many jurisdictions acting as a chauffer requires special licensing, whether that driver is paid for the service or not. Not intending to rain on your parade - I really am interested in the question. I did some volunteer chauffer driving for victims of Katrina here, and in order to do so the social service referrals agencies required waivers signed by the potential users of the service, and checked the driving records of those of us who volunteered before allowing us to provide the services (they pd mileage fees). The state here waived the chauffer's endorsement requirement on our licenses for this purpose only.

If they hadn't, my insurance rates would have sky-rocketed, and I would not have been able to participate. So, how does California address the question of liability for your service?