Scottsdale AZ Police Want To Jail MotoredBiker!!

Sounds like the guy is in trouble for speeding. Not for riding a motor assisted bicycle. I guess the speed limit is 20mph and he was doing 28. If I were a cop, I would not write a ticket for that. But.. Cops are people too. Sounds like this cop has it in for this guy. This is a bummer for sure.

Sounds like it, but incorrect. There was no ticket for speeding. From the time I was stopped until the jail cell shut, I recorded the nasty situation on tape. :D:D:D:eek::eek: The word "speed" was never uttered one time. The prosecution is trying to bring this fantasy speed issue (there is no print out, nothing) into the picture now (it never happened). The bottom line is this: their goal is to find me guilty so as to prevent the City of Scottsdale, the prosecutor, and the cop from losing their immunity (they don't want a lawsuit or possible other serious ramifications).
Hmmm, you know what might be fun? I transcribed my whole tape, wow, that might be some interesting reading... huh? Or how about the whole audio on cd to listen to. Believe me, most of your jaws will drop. There is much, much more to this story that is so shocking.

I even took pictures of my cyclometer showing the maximum speed of trip was 19.5 with an average speed of 14.8 with a trip time of 52:44.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Torques/CIMG4277.jpg

NOT GUILTY.

I hope you get press coverage AFTER you win, the press is quick on the keypad when they arrest someone, or find them guilty, but pretty mute when somebody beats the gubbmint in court.

Sounds like you were cyclometerally prepared, and Barney Fife wasn't. Jail for speeding? Next they'll pull out the "confiscation of property" weapon.

Again, good luck.

For the purposes of this section, "motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle" means a bicycle or tricycle that is equipped with a helper motor that has a maximum piston displacement of forty-eight cubic centimeters or less, that may also be self-propelled and that is operated at speeds of less than twenty miles per hour.

Look at that closely:

a: it has the proper displacement

and

b: when it is a "bicycle" it can be operated at speeds of less than twenty miles per hour, WHICH A MO-PED CAN'T.

No way that even the old pedal mopeds can operate like a bicycle.

Ambiguous at the most, confusing to the least.

Again- Fight the power.

I Ride, it's ok, you have no idea what you're saying. What the cop said on the witness stand did NOT happen as far as speed was concerned. I even took pictures of my cyclometer showing the maximum speed of trip was 19.5 with an average speed of 14.8 with a trip time of 52:44. Don't make such quick judgements about something you know nothing about, plain and simple.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Torques/CIMG4277.jpg

Sorry dude. Didn't mean to get you all worked up.

I know the law enforcement radar guns are certified and calibrated on a regular basis. I'm not saying the cop didn't lie about it but who's to say you didn't reset you cyclometer after the fact and take a pic of it then. I not reamin' ya dude, just saying if the cops radar gun said you were speeding, you have to prove his radar gun wrong...not prove the law is wrong.

Dan

It's ok Dan, but the incorrect part about it that the burden is upon them to prove I was going that fast and they can't do it. Besides the fact I never went that fast, there is no record of the radar, the cop even admitted he never uses his "lock" feature. Any claim they make, they have to prove beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt. They aren't even close. This is a picture of the time file on my computer. I was pulled over around 545pm on 3-29-07. After I came home from jail, I went out and took the picture. Is this next picture clear enough?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/Torques/CIMG4285.jpg

"legally"...i guess we could still consider ourselves in the dark, 2 sides of a story & all...

but torques, you look more than ready for this fight!!

i applaud your preparedness & I SUPPORT YOU.

has anybody noticed that the charge is speeding ?
what is the limit where you were stopped ?
if you were under the limit, you were charged wrong
the charge could have been driving moped without all legalities that entails, because you exceeded the limit for motor-assisted bike, but...you weren't speeding
if over, then there's a fight over the gun and his recollection of what it read

Was the speed limit 20 MPH because you were on a MB or because you were on a moped or beacause that was the limit for all vehicles?
Doc

assuming this...

Torques said:
"Sounds like it, but incorrect. There was no ticket for speeding. From the time I was stopped until the jail cell shut, I recorded the nasty situation on tape. The word "speed" was never uttered one time. The prosecution is trying to bring this fantasy speed issue (there is no print out, nothing) into the picture now (it never happened)."
with a tape, i'd have to guess it's a done deal.

Back