Screen Fit

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by jerryt, Jun 9, 2007.

1. jerryt

jerryt Guest

All of a sudden (I didn't notice before) some threads won't fit on my screen (left to right of course).

Whatz up??

2. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

usually thats due to either a run on sentence of somebody being a dweeb, abnormally large image or something like that. I would demonstrate it but Augi may have my head for it :razz:

Would you link one of the threads? btw I have a giant monitor so it takes a whole lot to disrupt it.

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if a loooong url is posted, it'll give you a left/right scroll, very inconvenient i agree...using some text in the url helps

example: [ url = hxxp: //blahdeblahdeblahdeblah url]text[ / url ]would appear as "text"

at 1024 X 768 resolution, a 600 pixels wide image looks great...make sure your "img" has it's own line in
    your post, or you'll get this[​IMG]

instead of this:
    [​IMG]

text next to your image will also result in a left/right scroll.

did this help?

and, a reminder...remotely hosted images should not be hotlinked, don't use [​IMG]

4. jerryt

jerryt Guest

5. OldPete

OldPete Guest

And there are others cause by an insanely long member's nic.
    It is bothersome when I have several pages open.

Maybe when the forum is up graded to vB this will all be addressed.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yeah, new software will come with some new (not all willing, but unavoidable) conditions...stay tuned.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

jerryt, the topic you linked us to (above) is a good example...you yourself posted the culprit link in that case...not criticizing only pointing out. if you edited the post to add a "text label" like i pointed out above, the scroll bar would go away.

or, we're not on the same page: i'm addressing why some threads will have a scroll at the bottom & how to avoid it.

8. jerryt

jerryt Guest

My bad Augi,

Deleted the URL and BEHOLD - NO SCROLL

I'll have to study a little more to understand your instruction

9. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

Augi use that as your avatar thats awesome!

As for the page that is out of line.. I checked it the monitor would have to be 800x600 to really impact it from what I am seeing no idea what is wrong.

As well Augi I am trying to remember what forum I go to that will do a url like this

http://www.motoredbikes.com.....

Instead of finishing the url being /index.php it will cut off at a point to prevent problems and some forums do wordwrap on links. Gah I wish I could remember where.

10. jerryt

jerryt Guest

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest