Seat pole cracked what to do now?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by stars, Sep 17, 2014.

1. stars

stars Member

i don't know if i mounted the engine to low but my seat pole cracked & i don't know what happened. is there anyway i can fix this.

Attached Files:

• moy.jpg
      moy.jpg
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if there are a couple inches below the break, you can fix it stronger than it was by cutting off 6 or 8 inches of an old seat post (the part that fits inside that frame tube & holds the seat), and hammer it down right to the bottom. Then drill 2 holes thru it from the side just above & below the break & put a bolt thru the hole & tighten it down.

stars likes this.
  3. stars

stars Member

i have to hire someone to do that. is there any other way to reconnect it & seal it together untill i find a guy who can do this type of work in my area. i afraid if i ride it i will break it even more

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

if you need to hire someone for that kind of work this probably isn't the right hobby for you.

I would skip the bolts and have the guy weld it together personally. sticking an old seat tube in there is a good idea though

5. stars

stars Member

you saying i find a longer seat pole & stick i all the way threw. and what if i mount the engine bracket on the crack untill i found someone who knows how to wield it. do you thing i can hold out untill next month

6. crassius

you'll certainly break something else if you try to ride it that way - if you have a neighbor that owns a hammer & a hacksaw & a drill, have her fix it for you

7. stars

stars Member

what do they need to do to fix it or wield it. dont know where to start & what is needed?

8. crassius

my post tells how & later post tells what's needed - hacksaw, hammer & drill

I feel you are not cut out for this kind of work tho. See if there's someone working on these in your area.

9. butre

butre Well-Known Member

you might be able to slather the post with jb weld and shove it in there, but you'd have to work quick

10. stars

stars Member

I might try it i'll go to homedepot tomorwow & get it. do you think jb wield will work?

11. crassius

the post alone will stop side-to-side movement, but I doubt jb weld will hold against the force of the up/down movement - bolts will

12. stars

stars Member

i would need to have drilling done in order to put bolts in right? if i decide to get someone to drill where do they start.

13. crassius

I usually drill thru in a place that won't interfere with the rear motor mount.

14. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

New frame time! Go to a pawn shop and get a cheap mountain bike. Start over.

15. stars

stars Member

im going to take this to someone who can drill it or i might try to wield it first before drilling. i rather get it drilled then to get a new bike

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  16. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

:iagree:

your NECK :jester:

this is an example of why i actually AGREE with the pending BAN on motorised bicycles in my state.

are you just plain daft, crazy, or stupid?

your FRAME is broken.

get a new FRAME. before you DIE.

:rolleyes:

Timbone likes this.
  17. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

maybe with some luck, your new "bike" will have four wheels, and have a lil electric motor. and a joystick that you control with your mouth.

on the plus side...youll never have to wipe your own rear end again! :jester:

18. stars

stars Member

replacing the frame is a last option. i just need yall to give me all repair options. Wielding, or drilling & etc

19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

If it was my life, replacing the frame would be the "FIRST" option.

20. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree: