Rate your Frustration building an OCC Stingray

• to heck with it cause i have heard to many bad things

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAPAROACH

Local time
6:08 PM
Well I've been a long time looker but never a member. I just finished my second build and it was interesting to say the least. I chose a OCC schwinn Stingray frame with 27" Ape hangers. i got it for $20 this past summer at a yard sale. It did not have the original seat and was very rusty. Got the "80cc" 2 stroke in black with a Manic Mechanic hub adapter and the famous Barry from E BAY mount. All cables and wiring except the clutch cable is routed through frame and handle bars. i removed the original sprocket and chain for looks and the fact that the **** muffler is in the way. i did not use a chain tensioner but made my own rear tire tensioner. installed a metal angle brace on the front bolt of the motor mount for foot rest. oh and the front brake is in the mail.

Attachments

• 101_1542.jpg
    101_1542.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 101_1543.jpg
    101_1543.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 101_1544.jpg
    101_1544.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 143
  • 101_1545.jpg
    101_1545.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 140
Welcome to the forum!
Well I think your efforts were worth it, it looks very good.
I like the custom touch with the wooden pull start handle, a little "touch of class" :) .

Very nice ride, sorry I dont know much but, how do you get it up to speed with no pedals. Great bike, I got to have one.

Well Rob you will have to kick off with your feet a little bit. i removed the pedals on my bike for looks really. A pull start is a nice thing and you can still have padals but you most likely have to install an extention of you pedal crank to clear the pull start.

whats up with the handle bars why so tall the looks like horns on a deer or something i woulda found something a little shorter than those and if riding on the streets you are suppose to have pedals or you better license it as a motorcycle or something and not let a cop see it before you tag it or they will say something

Well Buttry i have to be a big guy and the Ape hangers are pretty nice to ride with. I removed the pedals for esthetic reasons. The law in virginia says that it is a moped. The only thing i have to have is an engine 49cc or less, the bike can not be traveling faster then 35 MPH, seat has to be more than 24 inchs off the ground, if you want to travel at night you must have a head light and a rear reflector and a bicycle license is required the is obtained for free at the police station. That is the law in a nut shell. Thanks for the concern Buttry

Back