Second Build "Red Barron"

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by redb66, Dec 23, 2007.

1. redb66

redb66 Guest

This is my second attempt. Turned out better than I had expected. It is a Micargi GTS Mustang. I put a 32T sprocket from Kings Custom Sprockets. New style push-button clutch (Love it). Dual-pull brake levers. Rides like a Champ. The springer front end and springs on the seat make all the difference in absorbing the bumps. Haven't had it full-throttle yet...still on first tank of gas. Made the mount out of Simpson Strong-Ties (construction ties). Went with the U-bolts because I was not sure about clearence issues, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame in case the forward mount didnt work. I used rubber fuel line over the U-bolts to try to lesson the vibrations....so far....so good.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2007

2. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

WOW! that is beautiful. nice job!

3. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Cor Mister, - I don't half love your bike. :grin:

4. lhemrick

lhemrick Guest

New clutch

Way to cool man, I love it. About the clutch, I heard there was a new design coming out but haven't seen it. Did it come with your kit or buy it else where?

Lynn
    "My old school creation"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2007
  5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Pretty sweet little ride you got there! I like how you pit the engine forward rather than mounted on the seatpost...cool.

6. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

Well done, sir. That's clean and bad***-looking.

:thumbup:

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice stretch !
    good job on mount !
    let us know how she holds up :D

8. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Redb66 nice ride,love your motor mounts,I used same on my new build. louis

Attached Files:

9. redb66

redb66 Guest

Clutch handle

Purchased it from Dax.

10. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Very nice! You should be proud to have made that beauty. CDI and engine placement worked perfectly for the frame! Good detail work with the paint and even a sheath for the ignition wires. Impressive! The only things I would do eventually is put an insulator between the mount and frame if there are excessive vibrations and get a taillight so the cagers can notice you a little better (and probably slow down to drool!)
    Thanks for the pix, having a new build coming up its inspiring.

11. redb66

redb66 Guest

Taillight

If you look where the chain gaurd used to mount (rear) ther is a "Baby-Bee" light with a visor to match the headlamp. Went with a 9 volt battery headlamp and the rear lamp runs off the motor.

12. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Nice, integrated so well I didn't even notice. Nice use of the white wire in that case given that you don't need an extreme amount of candlepower for a taillight. People are gonna try to buy that from you, I know I would want to if I saw you puttering down the road :) Have fun be safe!

13. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Impressive job man...looks like u could fit a 747 inside that frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've never failed...i've just found multiple ways that don't work.

14. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Nice frame and Love the colour... although I have to say that style of frame is crying out for an inline '50cc engine of some description.

Be especially careful that you check tightness of all the bolts and joints on the springer - they tend to work loose over time..

have fun with it

Jemma xx

15. darcy

darcy Guest

Red barron

Now you did it. I am going to have to make one of those myself.

16. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

man thats hot , love those stretch frames and the way you mounted the engine me likes great bike larry ca

17. darcy

darcy Guest

put it on youtube

Why don't you put a video of you riding it on youtube?

Darcy

18. luke

luke Guest

just beautiful.now i have got ideas of how to adapt the motor mountings after looking at yours.

19. Very sweet ride... the perfect Christmas gift to yourself:grin:

20. Red Rider

NICE!! I like your style.

ZBOB Gear Box.jpg