See Ya! off to the Bonneville Salt Flats

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by locoWelder, Sep 8, 2007.

1. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I leaving tonight and wont be back till the 16th all have fun while I'm away,I'll check in from time to time on the laptop from the flats with photos and times and yes the bikes are going this year for the frist time , I wonnt get an offical time but I'm going to try to get 1 run on the 130-mph club cource I hope to get a time slip. anyway see ya guys soon maybe see someone there ! Later

2. Barret

Barret Guest

Loco - keep us posted....GOOD LUCK!!! Keep the memory of Burt Monro alive!! :cool:
  3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

4. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Good luck! The fastest I have been on a bike was only 110mph out in the country...keep it wide open!!
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Hello all, I'm a little tired so I'm just going to post the photos and let them speek for themselfs, check out the wizzer!

Attached Files:

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Looks like that must have been fun.
  7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Dude, what a blast. That's insane. Thanks for sharing this with us.
  8. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Hey Guys and Dolls, I've been back for a little wail but just have not felt like posting , anyhow the trip was great until I went to get into the 130 club I let off the gas to fast and went into a high speed wobble and hit the salt at about 115 mph and the gpx 600 is twisted beyond repair and my pride is hurt as bad as my back but the back will for the pride........anyhow I'll post pics soon, the wife got the whole thing on tape......just dont tell the insurance guy......time for more percocet .... night all
  9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Oh Dude! Glad to see you're still up and around. Did you get the official time or do you get a DQ for crashing?
  10. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Sorry about your crash loco. You're a braver man than I am. Glad you're alright.
  11. OldPete

OldPete Guest

So sorry. Dang!
    I am the owner and sometimes user of a good TENS unit for my lower back.
    Hope you heal-up 100% big guy.
  12. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

Have to agree with OL Pete a good Tens unit cranked up full will fix that back up in about 8 hours. OK so I like it a little to much...evil laugh...thanks for the pics the Flats and all the great minds that run there. On my wish list of places to go!!
    Take care of yourself
  13. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

on my pass I hit 141.334 run #2 was 143.192 and my 3RD run I went down ,no bones broke but the salt eat right thought my gortex suit and my back hurts like **** but I got a CT DONE IN sALT lAKE BEFOR COMEING HOME AND THE ONLY DAMAGE IS SOFT TISSUE. sorry for the caps the button sticks sometimes,thaanks for the well wishes all
  14. OMG glad to hear you only hurt your soft parts, and nothing in the sensitive spinal area. 140 is FAST man! I went 140 KMPH in Europe recently and then I found out that it's only 82 mph. :(