seized!

ah, fabio, post as often as you want, it doesnt alter reality in the slightest ;)

"you" think you know. not "we"...."YOU".

practical experience counts for a lot more than mere keyboard warrior "expertise".

unfortunately, you arent in my shoes, or on my bike, so why even continue with pointless, endless arguments?

"I" know quite differently to "YOU" ;)

reputation on a forum board? who gives a rats bum? its reputation among the people you know in real life that counts ;)

too scared to try riding halfway to sydney are you dear? im up for it :)

Last edited:
buk buk bu-GHURK!

areyouchicken.gif

:)

:(

practical experience counts for a lot more than mere keyboard warrior "expertise".

Unless you've been living in a cave in Afghanistan, it is plainly obvious that i have the miles and the reliability to go the distance, present and future.

unfortunately, you [aren't...] on my bike,

Thankfully i am not on your bike, because i at least want half a chance of making it down the road before parts start falling off.

"I" know quite differently to "YOU"

Honesty seems to abound, because you are quite right: you definitely do know more than me, it's just that you have sadistic tendencies towards the Chinese 2-stroke engine.

reputation among the people you know in real life that counts

I am doing fine, though your praise is always welcome.

too scared to try riding halfway to sydney are you dear? im up for it

Oh sweat pea, you can make your way down to the outer south east of Melbourne and if your bike makes it (which i know that it wont, despite your bounding confidence) we can then organise a ride to Mt Hotham.

Last edited:
On close examination, you most definitely have the 'right' Fabian.
Oh yes, for the uninitiated, these Chinese 2-stroke engines can be a complete nightmare, however, for the seasoned professional (like myself) they are a pillar of reliability; with billet (high surface area) cylinder head, Jaguar CDI, optimally jetted NT carburettor set up to perfection (or a much better Walbro style diaphragm carburettor), a crowded needle roller big end connecting rod bearing crankshaft and 25:1 oil/fuel ratio.

Without these things, and when revving the engine to 8,000 rpm, it's not only a ludicrous concept; inviting mechanical catastrophe, but it invites nothing less than total unmitigated disaster from one end of the engine to the other, as you have so found out, against all sensible advise to stop being completely silly.
Isn't that the epitome of "unreliability"?You said "the engines are great as long as you replace everything and make them different engines", paraphrased.That's silly, you've outlined the old "how to cook a carp" joke but in engine terms, catch carp, nail carp to 2X4, cook carp on 2X4, throw carp away and eat 2X4.

Not true. Just about all of the Chinese 2-stroke engine manufacturers have switched over to the crowded needle roller, big end connecting rod bearing design, giving good mechanical reliability.

The (high surface area) billet cylinder head is good insurance when it comes to low airspeed over the engine.

The Jaguar CDI uses a proper 2-stroke ignition advance curve, whereas the standard CDI uses a 4-stroke ignition advance curve, from reports.
I have tried both, back to back, and the Jaguar CDI makes slightly more power and is slightly more willing to rev up than the OEM unit. Not a lot of difference in it if using a mildly modified stock standard exhaust. The big difference is drastic improvement in connecting rod bearing life, which is understandable if using the correct ignition curve.
If the engine manufacturer used an optimised 2-stroke ignition advance curve, we would not need aftermarket CDI's.

The standard NT carburettor works just fine, however a Walbro style diaphragm carburettor allows the air/fuel ratio to be adjusted on the fly, which is a terrific feature, especially if experiencing significant altitude changes on a ride.

As you know, my bike is a pillar of reliability, with the miles to prove it.
Maybe you should administer (to your bike) a teaspoon of the same elixir, titled "reliability in a bottle".

Oh sweat pea, you can make your way down to the outer south east of Melbourne and if your bike makes it (which i know that it wont, despite your bounding confidence) we can then organise a ride to Mt Hotham.

so basically...you arent up for the ride to gundagai? :speechless:

for those that arent familiar with australian geography...

melbourne is approx 900km from sydney.

gundagai is about halfway between the two. holbrook is closer to the halfway mark actually, but i always wanted to say im on the road to gundagai (its a traditional australian song).

now. fabian mounts his bicycle on a car rack, and drives to mount hotham. (he has proudly posted a picture of his bike mounted in such a way, covered in filth...) i seriously doubt even he would ride that far...

i ride my motorised bicycle to melbourne, then to mt hotham (about 350km from melbourne)

therefore i have to travel, for such a trip, 1250+ km. plus the return home. 2500km plus the actual fact im still 100km above sydney itself.

whereas fabian travels, by bicycle...zero.

am i the only one that sees the glaring inconsistency here?

now, one small problem...

whats to say fabian doesnt just use his bike rack, and stop 5km or so down the road?

me? i dont even have a car license, and with (currently) no other alternative but a bicycle...ill be riding all the way :) come the warmer months, ill be wanting a bit of a holiday anyways. id rather travel north myself... like to toowoomba, a nice 1000km or so.

taking a train defeats the purpose, plus i cant carry my bike on the trains... something to do with petrol or some such nonsense :!blank:

i cant argue with this bit...i am slightly sadistic when it comes to $150 :chinese: engines! :mad5:

mmmm, mud flavoured 4X2... i always wanted to try cooking carp! or catfish... now i know how!

:giggle:

Oh gosh, i am laughing my arse off, and it's like the hiccups - it's not stopping no matter how much water i try and throw down my gullet.

i always found forcing a burp just as the hiccup comes fixes it for me...

now. fabian mounts his bicycle on a car rack,

craigs10.jpg

and drives to mount [hotham...] i seriously doubt even he would ride that far...

20140314.jpg

i have to travel, for such a trip, 1250+ km. plus the return home. 2500km plus the actual fact im still 100km above sydney itself.

I am sure you will be just fine doing the 2,500+ kilometer round trip, once you replicate my motorised bicycle down to the last nut and bolt, but we both know that you'll never get more than a few miles down the road with your bike setup.

whereas fabian travels, by bicycle...zero.

Now that's a bold assertion, or as Sir Humphrey Appleby would say: "awfully courageous", for a junior minister.

now, one small problem...

whats to say fabian doesnt just use his bike rack, and stop 5km or so down the road?

tilt-a14.jpg

Exactly 5 kilometers down the road

tilt-a17.jpg

ill be riding all the way come the warmer months

So now i understand why my bike runs up so many miles: it must all happen during the summer months.
I could massively reduce maintenance time if i rode "zero kilometers", as some silly pork chop on here keeps suggesting; fabricating events in his mind and then handing out fact sheets to anyone who will listen.

Last edited:
Back