Selling motorized bicycles

D

davidsis

Seems like a person could build motorized bicycles, and sell them for a proffit. How come no one does it.

lots of peeps do, actually, some engine suppliers also offer whole bikes ready to go.

Building bikes

Hmmmm, the guy at five flags said that the problem is with the shipping. People have to put them together anyway. After they get it, and it turns into a big hassle. If you were in a big city it should work in theory. Could build them in your garage, and then sell them to people in the city. I built one in my garage and rode it around Atlantic Station. One of those places that they are trying the urban renewal projects down town. Ya, know the city in the city. They even have a special bicycle lane. I took it down durning an arts and crafts show. Had a lot of cards that I handed out. Lots of interest, but no one called me. I even have it advertised on Craigs list.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/233125336.html

Hmmm... 700 bucks might be more than someone is willing to pay, although you do need to make a profit. I posted a response video to yours on youtube.

Someday when I retire I might build and sell these, but thats in a very long time.

Motorized bicycle Sales

I do have the price kind of high, but it is a big hassle to build one though.

Response video

I can not find the response video. How do I find it, and what is a response video?

Yeah, its a big hassle, and you gotta pay for the bike too. Maybe 599 would sound more appealing to some people?

A response video is just like a comment, except with a video. I think its something that you have to accept. It is just the video I did of my motorized bicycle.

With mine, if they own the bike, I do it for about $600. I have a few old bikes and $100 Avalons if they want to start at $750.

If I buy the Sun Alum 7 bike, with modifications (wheel/tubes/accesories) they go for about $925, plus they do a little of the labor (takes about an hour).

Special equipment was a bike stand $125
Small electric air compressor Northern Hydralics $75
Table Vise $ 3 at a yard sale
2 wheeled grinder $ 60

Various small tools and bits $200
Tires/tubes/12 guage wheel inventory $100

im actually going to when i get a job and sell enough money. im planning on building 2 or 3 bikes and selling them in mexico at the next rocky point rally. the last one i went to people were chasing me down the street asking me so many questions i actually put my bike in my hotel room and wouldnt ride it for a while but people would come up and ask me where my bike was so that got annoying to.

i got way so many offers for it but i couldnt sell it its got to much love in it to give to someone else who would just probibly abuse it and ride it for 3 months and destroy it. i also wore holes in my back tire from doing burnouts for all the drunk bikers. pretty rediculas. some drunk dude gave me 20 bucks to get a new tire but i needed beer more.

engine kits

My friennd needs to buy 3 or 4 engine kits and he's doing the build and sell thing in Baltimore county area. He is looking for a deal on the kits if anyone knows of a dealer who will give a discount for more than one. I tried most of the regular places for him but got no good deals. My self I'm a machine mechanic and do some electrical work but am retired and disabled. I can fix anything from a broken heart to the crack of dawn fast as a dog will s**t on the street and quiet as a mouse pissing on cotton. If I can't fix it it ain't broke. I love what that one member says...... beat it to fit / paint it to match. Anyway I'll relocate and go into buisness if anyone has the grubsteak to get it started. Have tools / will travel......Tom in WV

Back