Semi new members 2nd build. 1st was stolen.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ed Johnson, May 27, 2010.

1. Ed Johnson

Ed Johnson New Member

Hi. Thought id show how helpful all of your great information has helped me. 1st. build was stolen a month after it was finished. I sat and felt sorry for myself for awhile then gathered the parts for this one.. It is always a work in progress and i love tinkering around with new ideas. I hope it passes inspection..Thanks again.

Attached Files:

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Ed, looks fine to me. Welcome!

3. Ed Johnson

Ed Johnson New Member

Thankyou Professor .. I learned a lot of what to and what not to do from this site in the last year...Now if i could just figure out how to keep spokes from breaking... ( think i may have my drive sprocket to tight. ) I soldered the copper header with a high tin content solder and copper plumbing fittings to mate my expansion chamber...People have said the solder would melt. Ive ridden for 5 hours straight @ 3/4 throttle and have no problems with my welds melting...Oh, also, the lights (5) are converted to LED ( book reading nite lights ) from old generator powered light sets...I just drilled the holes and JB welded the LEDs to the bezels...1.50 each. ( from Walgreens)..and they last forever...Recently a neighbor gave me what he thought was a '50s bicycle horn. It's actually a 1915-1924 plunger operated motorcycle horn. My next step is to enclose some of the frame with spare fenders, pop rivets & gutter tin.....I love these bikes !