Sentences using the word Transport

boyntonstu

Local time
2:44 PM
Example sentences for transport
The city's transport system includes trams, buses and even boats.
Without more money, the government's transport strategy will fail.

I have never seen the use of the word Transport when cargo or humans are carried from point A to point B that was not a commercial transaction

Can you give us an example of transport not used in commerce?

What about this sentence?

(1) “Motor vehicle” means:

(a) An automobile, motorcycle, truck, trailer, semitrailer, truck tractor and semitrailer combination, or any other vehicle operated on the roads of this state, used to transport persons or property, and propelled by power other than muscular power,

Is it commerce?

Side note: The term "Transportation" is sometime used in a non-commercial sense.
"What type of transportation do you use to go to work?"
I ride my bike.
I never heard; "I transport myself on my bike".

Example sentences for transported
When tomatoes are transported to stores, they are moved in refrigerated trucks.
Manufactures, those of the finer kind especially, are more easily transported from one country to another than corn or cattle.
By this process milk can be kept for many days, and transported if necessary.
But it would have to be transported and stored, which would require a new infrastructure.
To shift them would need the entire railway network, so the grain harvest could not be transported and would rot, bringing famine.

Last edited:
Have you considered that you may have OCD? I searched your handle, there was some similar "can't let it go" stuff at an HHO (whatever that is) site.The frusrated retorts were pretty good, I got a chuckle.
Please find a better obsession, maybe something philanthropic in your area.

OK it's time out time boys! You go to that corner, other to that corner. We'll let you know when times up.

Back