Seth in Kansas City

Seth_KC

Local time
11:22 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the list. My name is Seth and I live in Kansas City, MO.

Up until last weekend I was riding a GEBE Tanaka 40 CC Paverunner mounted on a Giant Ringcon Mountain bike. It started out last year as a fun little experiment. I live 6 miles from work, and there's nobody around here that I've seen that uses a motorized bicycle on a regular basis.

Then tragically, last Friday morning a drunk driver hit my garage. Total hit and run. He trashed everything in my garage and hit both vehicles. Oddly, I'm most upset about the bike. Right now my motorized bicycle is in "critical condition" at the local bicycle shop. I'm waiting to hear if it can be repaired, or if it's a total loss.

I'll let everyone know if she pulls through

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day Seth & welcome to MBc.
Really sorry to hear about your garage,particularly the GEBE.Let's hope it can be restored to it's former beauty & rise like a Phoenix...also let's hope that drunk driver hits something more solid next time(like a Police station)

hello

welcome to MBc! sorry to hear about your situation...you should go to the local body shops and see if anyone had recent work done...afterall your garage was painted and there might be that color on his car some where...good luck to you...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Seth. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
No ones hurt. The bike can be replaced. If it was the bikes destiny to get trashed, at least you were'nt on it.:)

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Welcome to MBc. Maybe it's just time to build another bike? I can understand how attached a person can become to these things.

Good News! The bike was given a clean bill of health. The GEBE motor runs a little rough, but I'm still able to run it. Don't know if it will fail prematurely or not we shall see. But I'm back on the road for now!

-- Seth

Good to see that your back on the road Seth....please fortify your garage so it doesn't happen again. :)

Back