Sheldon Brown, R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by az cra-z, Feb 5, 2008.

1. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

2. beast775

beast775 Guest

he will live on forever

he got me out of my rolling resistance faze back in the 80s,he has excellent ideas.still using them daily.peaceful man.bicycles were his life.:grin:
  3. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Say it ain't so. :cry:

Way too young and full of zest for life.

4. mickey

mickey Guest

He will be missed. Pretty much everything I know about bicycles, I learned from his free handouts of cosmic wisdom.
  5. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

RIP and thank you for passing along your knowledge, Sheldon!
  6. OldPete

OldPete Guest

He was everyone's bicycle mentor. He even took the time to reply to an email of mine several years ago.
    Godspeed Sheldon.
  7. kerf

kerf Guest

That was a sad day for all bicycle lovers everywhere. The man was an icon within the community and he will be truly missed. I've been on his site more times than I can count, if you couldn't find it there, you probably didn't need it anyway.
  8. Wow, I fell like I've lost a friend. He was a long-distance hero to all of us in the cycling world. He was one of a kind, and I'll miss his sage advice and humor.

God bless.
  9. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Man, what a loss...he'll be missed by all who knew of him.
  10. Haggard

Haggard Guest

Yes , a true loss.
    Never met Him personally but He did help me lace my first wheel.
    Anyone who has a minute might consider dropping by his site .
    As a sign of respect and to show his friends and family that the thousands of hours he dedicated to the cycling community were endeed appreciated and a worthwhile endevour.
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Thankfully, some of his wisdom will live on at his website.
  12. I seen his name but I didn't get the connection. I bet everyone here has looked at his website at one time or another.
    I hope that site lives on.
  13. smapadatha

smapadatha Guest

Rest in peace.

Attached Files:

14. Scottm

Scottm Guest

I spent a lot of time on his site just reading about brakes. What an awesome guy, looks like someone who would be fun to hang out with.
  15. turkeyssr

turkeyssr Guest

Yep, great guy. He actually took the time to reply to a crazy question I had about the dimensions of my bottom bracket. Great website, and yes, it would be really cool to hang out with him. There are going to be tribute rides in various cities, including Europe, for him.

I was on a website this morning thinking about posting a message, but didn't know what to say. I guess "I'll miss him" is enough. :smile: