Shift kit on full sus.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by kcmcf, Oct 18, 2008.

1. kcmcf

kcmcf Member

ok so i just got the sbp shift kit and decided to put it on a marin frs. still have to do a little tinkering but so far it is great. going to take it to work tonight and see how it does.

sorry about the heading i miss spelled and hit sudmit
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

That looks like a great, great bike to ride.

and, yes, that heading is unfortunate. kinda misleading :)
  3. unraw

unraw Member

wow! sweet bike! where did you find a bike with rear suspension like that??
  4. kcmcf

kcmcf Member

5. HopRunner

HopRunner New Member

So do the pedals rotate ALL the time?
  6. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

No. There is a front freewheel.
  7. HopRunner

HopRunner New Member

Thanks Pablo. Should I just do a search on "Front Freewheel"? Is there a specific model I should look for?

8. Pablo

9. kcmcf

kcmcf Member

thank you pablo for changing the heading, thats what i get for getting in a hurry, trying to post before i go to work.

have put about 10 miles on the bike and love it so far wife just bought me a push push shifter will see if that works better then the twist shift i took off the kids moon dog.
  10. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Very good job there man,love that frame.
    Pity(for me) u can't put a 4-stroke Honda in there with a shifter kit,but it looks like even under the best of circumstances the Honda won't fit.
    Anyway yours turned out excellent.
  11. Pablo

kcmcf - I just politely asked the cools mods to change the header.

We are inching toward the very thing, Honda and shift kit!
  12. sjackson

sjackson Member

Pablo, that would be sweet. Is it for the Grubee gear box?
  13. Pablo

Grubee and JL Hoot boxes.
  14. levsmith

levsmith Member

wow great looking bike. i may have to favorite this one for my next build.
  15. kcmcf

kcmcf Member

did a little work this spring on my bike. added a tensioner to keep the jack shaft chain from coming off all the time and added a 12v battery and a 12v garden flood light for night driving. it has a 35 w bulb in it. the rear light runs off the bike. in the bage is the battery tools,spare gas in msr bottles and a rain suit seems like we have gotten a lot of rain here this year. always at night when i am coming home from work. still nee to get a better shifter and find some type of mud guards. hit 36 mph on it 2 weeks ago and still had 3 gears left. have a expansin chamber to put on it yet.

Latter all

16. G man

G man New Member

nice bike kevin i am currently doing a full suspension bike myself i have a GT LTS 2 the frame is smaller than yours buy the looks of things i had to remake a manifold to suit as my carb would not fit inside the frame i will post some pictures of it later on in time . I see you made a bracket to hold the top of the center jack plate to the frame . I have made a similar one myself ( coinsidence ) but i had alot of trouble when trying to start with the engine dropping and the chain coming loose . Dosent happen now though i made bracket to suit . You bike looks sick man not many people around doing full suspension bikes !