Stolen Short Lived Hobby....

IINoxiousII

Local time
11:23 AM
Rockville, MD
Bike was stolen last night from my storage unit. Black Trek Mountain Bike with 66cc Slantfire Grubee Skyhawk. Centrifugal clutch, boost bottle, SBP shiftkit, dual brake lever, left gripshift shifter..... the whole nine yards. 150+ hours of work down the tube. I'm livid....

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 604
Thanks Ron. I appreciate the thoughts. Thanks again for your help when I needed it. The only good thing out of this is our insurance will cover most of what was taken..... and now the building management is willing to put a deadbolt on our storage. I think they are afraid of being sued since I had asked over a month ago and nothing had been done. For now I am just trying to dream up a new build for when we are compensated for our losses.
Kind regards,
P

Hahaha, good one. I think I need to put a lojack system into my next build. That would be pretty sweet.

My mother runs a storage facility. Here is whats at her place security code gate, resident manger, camera surveillance. These things really detour thieves.

I'm sure whoever it is who took it won't be able to maintain it. Hopefully they will squeeze the clutch lever instead of the brake lever going full speed towards a dump truck. Unfortunately, our storage is across the hall in our apartment complex. Not a single camera in sight.... it was a thief's dream come true. Maybe an unlabeled bright red self destruct button rigged to the gas tank. Instant Karma. lol

what kind of insurence was it im worried about mine i live in chicagoland. i called state farm they said i cant get comprehensive without a vin

Back