Should I Buy This 49cc Slant kit? (link)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Neo2172, Jun 10, 2009.

Should I buy it?

1. Buy it!!!

5 vote(s)
  2. Don't buy it!!!

1 vote(s)
  1. Neo2172

Neo2172 New Member

It is powerking on ebay, aka zoombicycles. I like that it is a slant head kit, and also that the motor AND the muffler are black. He is asking $120 with free shipping. I made a best offer of $100 and he countered with $115 saying that is the least he would take.

Should I but the kit for $115 with free shipping? Seems like a fair deal to me. Am I making a big mistake by going with a 49cc slant head instead of the 66cc slant head?

Ive looked through all the ebay kits and this is the one I like best in terms of looks (slant and black color) and price.

SHOULD I BUY IT???? :sweatdrop:

2. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

3. BSA

BSA Guest

I reckon the 49cc will last you longer and will certainly vibrate less. I reckon the 48cc is better balanced that the 80cc or 60cc engines :D

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I have to agree.
  5. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Better balanced? Like they pay more attention to the assembly of a 49cc LOL? My understanding is the bottom end is the same, just the jug and piston is bigger on an '80' . All I know is everyone I have talked to says the bigger kit will leave the 49 behind everytime, but I have no personal experience.
  6. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

Why do they call them "80" ccs when there only 66s?
  7. Neo2172

Neo2172 New Member

Thank you for that post! I'll probably go with a 49cc then!!
  8. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

9. Neo2172

Neo2172 New Member

10. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

and tinker u will.good
  11. Neo2172

Neo2172 New Member

thanks for the help guys! I just bought it!! got it for $110 too!! :grin5::grin5::grin5:
  12. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Enjoy! Now the fun starts!