Should I get this? Why/Why not

http://motorbicycle.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

I am new to this, and this is right in my price range.

I do not know much about this sort of thing, but I have been doing some reading and I am willing to learn.

Is this one of the infamous "Chinese Engines" that I may have to add an O Ring to? Is this an engine that I should buy, why, or why not?

Thank you

Yes that is a Happytime engine, Chinese engine. I do not have any info on that vendor. But the engine kit seems to be the standard one that is sold.
If you are getting it for a hobby and are willing to tinker with it on a regular basis, it is a reliable little motor. If you are looking for reliable transportation, I would keep looking.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was editing when you posted.
As far as problems you might run into, Look HERE and read the first 6 or 7 threads. (the stickies). The price is OK but you might find better deals at other places. Be sure to pay attention to total cost including shipping.

So I guess really at this point, I'm just looking for a good vendor. I can't seem to find a vendor that sells the Grubee or any other chinese motors.

Yeah, I'm just saying all of the vendors that sell Chinese Engines seem to have bad reviews, and the vendors with many good reviews only sell expensive engines. I looked through all of them

Sent you a PM. But it is wise to shop around. Sometimes it is better to spend more $ for the support offered after the sale.

Back