should it be legalized?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eastwoodo4, Jul 30, 2009.

should it marijuana be legalized?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2010.
  1. yes

23 vote(s)
  2. no

1 vote(s)
  1. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

Well i figured ide ask so i could get a general idea of peoples opinions on the legalization of dont have to comment just vote in the poll.

I say legalize it and quit putting honest hard working tax payers in jail for smoking pot.

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I agree... they are talking about legalization here in cali. I just saw on my local news about a bust in my county where they took hundreds of pounds that were being grown by the mexican mafia. If they legalized it there would be no profit and they would loose millions in revenue. Right now they use thousands of acres illegally in national forests to grow this stuff because we cant grow it ourselves in our own backyards and fund their illegal operations with the money... which ultimately leads to more crime.

I think legalization should have happened long ago. They should sell permits to grow the stuff.
  3. give me vtec

I had a prescription and used to buy it in a store... there was no exposure to crime and I paid taxes on my purchases. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact when all of the shops were still in business here the local dealers were all but out of business. I only knew a couple of people that still sold out of at least a dozen... after they closed the shops my buddy said his sales went up ten fold over night. If they want to put the street level dealers out of business put it in shops legally. Think how much our state would save through not having to pay for cops and helicopters to search out this stuff... not to mention having to pay for imprisoning people for possession
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

I agree. All benefits. I don't see any downsides...

If alcohol is legal, pot should be. Alcohol is 10 times more dangerous than pot. I just don't get it.
  5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Legalize it. Heck, legalize all of them - in 3 generations we will have seen the self-elimination of many of the behaviors that make drugs so pernicious now, and will have adopted mechanisms to deal with those who decline to control themselves, In the meanwhile we will have gutted the revenue streams of organized crime, and the biggest and best armed gang of the m all - the cops.
  6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Sure - legalize it.
    BUT - make sure that people suffer the consequences if they are caught driving under the influence, or they hurt or kill someone driving under the influence.

I think they would legalize pot if testing were as easy as blowing in a tube at the side of the road. Since I think you need an expensive and time consuming blood or urine test, they are hesitant.
  7. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

Its got nothing to do with that an iron worker and have been walking steel stoned for 10 years.been driving high for 14 years and that includes thousands of cross country miles.Old people are more of a problem than pot heads.right now the laws in florida are.if you get caught with any amount even if your walking down the road they take your license for 2 years whichis bs.this is pretty accurate here.

i think the laws should be 21 and older to buy.if you get caught giving to people under 21 its 1 year in jail.should be 2 years in jail for alcohal. soemone who has tried every drug but herroine i have to say appsolutly of the problems right now is marijuana is in a class with hard drugs.they need to legalize pot and crack down hard on coccaine and harder on meth.

wanna see what justice looks like?

she wants to get stoned and boned!
  8. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

So what happens if you get in an accident at work or on the road, and somebody dies as a result. What do you think your punishment should be?
  10. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

It should be legalized finally. I only see one negative about pot and that's that it tends to make people stupid over time. But people generally become stupid over time anyway.

There are a lot of benefits to having it legalized... main two in my opinion is that it minimizes pain for those with cancer and other illnesses, and that it would get the cops' to focus on more important crimes other than some kid with a dime bag.
  11. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

He already told you, he's an Iron Worker. Don't those guy's always land on their feet when they fall?
  12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No, not really. Just google "iron worker falls death" and you will see. Could be that these guys were walking steel for 10+ years stoned, but didn't make it to 11. As long as they didn't take out any innocent bystanders, I'm 100% OK with it. This is what Simple Simon was talking about.
  13. machiasmort

Eluding to cats, I was trying to be funny AG.

My answer is yes it should be legal.

Whats preventing it? More Government control. Marijuana is far less harmful to the body than cigarettes or alcohol. Both of which are legal. Further, marijuana only has physcological addictive propertys unlike the two legally taxed aforementioned drugs.
  14. give me vtec

they have an eyeball test that is just as effective as the breathalyzer... I have taken the test and it is definitely not something you can pass stoned.
  15. machiasmort

Alright, it's time for me to be case at point about this. If any of you recall my previous posts about DUI, you will recall my saying, just because X sniffs a bottle cap and is drunk, Y can't sniff one no more. The same holds true here.

Having smoked pot in the past (didn't inhale), I know it impares my ability to drive. However I've got friends who seemingly drive better while under the influence of marijuana. Case at point, I don't drive stoned, ever!

The problem with todays society is that the citizens of this Country have become lax against their lawmakers and have not held them responcible for the rules they create. DMV regulation, rather than provide us with safety and sanity has become a cash cow.

Instead of using Officers to enforce common sense rules, tailgating,speeding,distracted driving ect. and giving the laws some tooth (like DUI), tailgate 3X your done driving for life! Fail to turn off your highbeams 5X your done for life!

Instead of create and impliment common sense rules we've got politicians like ChuckYouSchummer (one of my favorites to pick on)(for good reason), making laws like the NO CELL PHONE, then latter the NO TEXT. People, WAKE UP, there's already laws out there that govern this, it's called distracted driving! These professional B.S.'rs are wasting our money and taking away our freedoms.

CASE AT POINT: It's not 1920 anymore and nor do we drive a model "T". Cop's have the availability of cameras in their cars and it's time to start taking advantage of them. Conducting KGB style roadblocks that basically open you up to illegal search and siezure is absurd. Further, after you hit your quota of 1 drunk, do the paper work and you could go hide. Problem is that it takes 20 tailgaters to = 1 drunk.

Problem is that alcoholism is a disease (physically dependant), and I hope somebody challanges the road blocks at the Supreme Court Level for being unfairly targeted for disability caused by Government willingness to allow alcohol.

These agendas are being launched by people who don't have a clue. MADD won't realize how wrong they are until Congress bans sex toy's (we're safe w/Chuck U in office). At a road block, Mrs. Z, I found this battery in your purse. A search of her top dresser drawer reveals 50yrs. hard time. Wanna lie (get the dog). How against road blocks would they be then?

Despite overwhealming evidence, marijuana is medically safer than alcohol, it's illegal because it can be grown anywhere (preventing tax) and can't be regulated.
  16. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I dunno Marty, it is pretty easy to distill your own hooch. (with a solar distiller no less! go green!)

One thing for sure, it looks like all of us here at MBc have something in common. We agree that pot should be legalized.

I disagree that pot has no effect of your reflex actions and cognitive skills (they don't call it "stoned" for nothing) - so if you get caught driving under the influence, you should suffer the consequences. No excuses about it being a "disease". You choose to smoke weed irresponsibly, you pay the price.

At the very least, just de-criminalize the stuff.
  17. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

I guess the same as if your were taking a perscription drug that says use caution while driving.theirs plenty of people that get killed by sober drivers.Its got a lot to do with idiot drivers and dumm as s kids.
  18. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Vehicular manslaughter would be the correct answer. Which would be the same charge if someone sober were driving wrecklessly and killed someone.
  19. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

These agendas are being launched by people who don't have a clue. MADD won't realize how wrong they are until Congress bans sex toy's (we're safe w/Chuck U in office).

thats hilarious mach
  20. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Some of us were born that way too. :ack2: :07: