Should we change forum software?

Should we change forum software?

• No - phpBB is just fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
iRide Customs said:
The switch would be fantastic in my opinion. I beleive Chopperbicycle.net is powered be that software and I really like the format. Much easier to navigate. Anyone else that visits that site feel the same way?

just my $.02

I trust you guys to know----but the gallery gave me an error
Template Error: Couldn't open Template ./templates/default/media/php.html

and the advertising ate up a lot of the left hand side of the screen.

Tom- are you still going to keep the ads as small as possible?

I'm up for changing to vBulletin, as I've been on a few other boards in the past that have used that, and it's works just as good as any of the others. I think it's totally up to Tom, and if he thinks it's the best way to go, I'm with it.

Tom, if you do find you need help with the money part, I'm willing to paypal you a few bucks to help defray the cost.

All I ask is that you give plenty of notice as to when the site will be down for the changeover.

hehe, when you first posted this poll, my kneejerk reaction was a "no" vote...but i don't have a problem with vB either.

i think it's a done deal. yes, we will do our utmost to keep everyone up to date.

no timeframe as of right now, tho.

tom?

I've been a member of Xfire.com's forum for over a year and they use the same phpBB format as this forum does. They don't have any issues with the format and it works well. I guess some people don't care much for BB code :p

Anyway, I voted No on the poll, but I'd embrace the new format were it implemented. This site just rawks 8)

bamabikeguy said:
Speaking of switches, I'm thinking of shifting to the newest Linux on 4/17

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu

Opinions? Suggestions?

I have to overcome this old Windows locking up all the time....

Ubuntu is great I have been using it for quite some time. I would advise if you run into issues pop on irc.freenode.net with a irc client and check out #ubuntu channel.

Feisty Fawn is quite nice the latest release so I would give that a shot as well. I have been running linux since nov 2003 and gave up on windows.

Tom said:
I have ubuntu on my computer as well as windows. It is a much cleaner operating system, however, there are a bunch of programs you can't run on ubuntu. The compatability of linux sucks.

Ahh its not too bad. If you grab the kubuntu-desktop out of synaptic or run in a terminal 'apt-get install kubuntu-desktop' change your session to KDE in the control panel there is some pretty slick setups for wine.

If you snag wine repository from http://winehq.org/site/download-deb you can run quite a number of programs in Linux. I assume you are talking about windows programs. However quite a number of games work as well. Compatibility is quite good actually.

If you have any questions about it I would be happy to answer. Also wine itself has some decent configuration but I think the KDE one is a bit above average right now.

I am pretty much just a giant linux nerd so :LOL: :LOL:

Back to ontopic. Whatever works works :)

I don't know jack about computers, the web, or whateva...but it doesn't matter to me as long as I can sign in, which I have trouble doing here about 50% of the time.

New, old, as long as I can get "here"....

regarding switch

this is probably hands down the best board ive been on.no kids goin crazy,you dont have to plough through *()*& to get to real topics.youve got great admins who keep it up and up,easy to find posts here,i voted no but im thinkin yes now,im on the fence?

Back