Show me RS-68

What is the definition of "is", huh slick willy?It's a motor vehicle.Motor/engine is semantic garbage.
Fight one, AND WIN, one of your cases in court, then it'll be "interesting",
something other than windsock material.
Fabian comes off as cool, funny, and extraordinarily helpful in more than one obsessed area, it counts.

What is the definition of "is", huh slick willy?It's a motor vehicle.Motor/engine is semantic garbage.
Fight one, AND WIN, one of your cases in court, then it'll be "interesting",
something other than windsock material.
Fabian comes off as cool, funny, and extraordinarily helpful in more than one obsessed area, it counts.

Semantics are not allowed in Court.

Semantics count in the Indianapolis 500 race: "Gentlemen Start Your Motors!".

Perhaps that sounds normal to you, but it is strange to me.

Motorcycles do not have motors. Not my opinion but it is the truth.

When you go to Traffic Court, the first statement by the Prosecutor or the police is "I gave the ticket because of the violation of Statute XYZ".

If Statute XYZ does not specifically define what you were accused of doing, you should get off.

I went for jury duty and the clerk asked us to stand and take an oath. I asked if what she asked was a request or an order. She said to remain sitting, while everyone else went along like sheep. I was free to go.

Semantics are very, very important.

"Can I go to the bathroom" was a common question when I taught.

My response was "I don't know".

Perhaps some will learn and others may ignore.

Unfortunately, the truth sometimes is not what most understand.

If you'll notice in all dmv not just FL, everything is called a "motor vehicle" of one form or another.A moped has an "engine" not a "motor" but the whole moving object is considered a "motor vehicle" even without the propulsive "engine" installed.
PS: Thanks for the young man comment, I'm only a few short of you, but I'll take any compliment I can get, "curtsy".
http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/engine.htm

Perhaps some will learn and others may ignore.

Unfortunately, the truth sometimes is not what most understand.
A choir of angels sings,...........
and probably someday, every person on the face of the earth will perish, even the self righteous.

You think you're striking a blow, but not.You haven't once properly deconstructed the whole, just enough to fit your means,
it's common, but so "in the bubble" it's scary.Statutes/juries/law/names/rights ARE ALL FICTITIOUS!They are a social construct,
so as a society sometimes people go with the flow, because picking your battles makes life smoother for everyone, like road rules, does it make me a sheep to follow those?
There's sheep,
there's cantankerous, confrontational, crows, and then the rest of us in between.

Last edited:
A choir of angels sings,...........
and probably someday, every person on the face of the earth will perish, even the self righteous.

You think you're striking a blow, but not.You haven't once properly deconstructed the whole, just enough to fit your means,
it's common, but so "in the bubble" it's scary.Statutes/juries/law/names/rights ARE ALL FICTITIOUS!They are a social construct,
so as a society sometimes people go with the flow, because picking your battles makes life smoother for everyone, like road rules, does it make me a sheep to follow those?
There's sheep,
there's cantankerous, confrontational, crows, and then the rest of us in between.

it's scary.Statutes/juries/law/names/rights ARE ALL FICTITIOUS!They are a social construct

Exactly right and Marc Stevens agrees!

If you'll notice in all dmv not just FL, everything is called a "motor vehicle" of one form or another.A moped has an "engine" not a "motor" but the whole moving object is considered a "motor vehicle" even without the propulsive "engine" installed.
PS: Thanks for the young man comment, I'm only a few short of you, but I'll take any compliment I can get, "curtsy".
http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/engine.htm

If you'll notice in all dmv not just FL, everything is called a "motor vehicle" of one form or another. NOT!

320.01 Definitions, general.—As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:
(1) “Motor vehicle” means:
(a) An automobile, motorcycle, truck, trailer, semitrailer, truck tractor and semitrailer combination, or any other vehicle operated on the roads of this state, used to transport persons or property, and propelled by power other than muscular power, but the term does not include traction engines, road rollers, special mobile equipment as defined in s. 316.003(48), vehicles that run only upon a track, bicycles, swamp buggies, or mopeds.

Are road rollers "Motor Vehicles"?

Do road rollers require registration?

Do road roller operators require Drivers licenses?

Is there a weight, hp, or speed limit for road rollers?

Do you think that this guy has a Drivers license? Is it registered?

If you were a policeman/sheriff what kind of a ticket would you write?

If you owned a road roller, could you go shopping with it without fear of getting a ticket?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really get a kick out of all of these Clarence Darrow's posts on what is law and what is not. How funny. You have to ask the question what regular activity performed by most people which is regulated by the government creates these arguments? Actually not many if any at all. I don't see people writing to the Op Ed section of the local newspaper calling for the elimination of hunting and fishing licenses. For that matter I have not seen any protests about having to pass a drivers test in order to drive a car or truck. It's funny how so many of these daily activities get no attention at all. Then one has to look at a group of people who put a motor or and engine whatever you like to call them on a bicycle. Miraculously some of these people are incensed that the government is involved. So one has to wonder what is the motivation for that. Is a bicycle with a motor something special that is exempt for some reason only they understand? Do these people feel the law does not apply because it is a bicycle with a motor has been grandfathered? Or are there just personal reasons which cause these people to protest? If they post here I think they should be honest. What exactly is their motivation? Reading amateur arm chair legal opinion by non attorney types really gets boring.

I have always found it interesting when I have been attacked here for truly being happy when Florida created by law for a legal way to own a bicycle with a motor. Having worked with others to make it happen gives me a sense of satisfaction the people can influence our government to pass laws which puts an activity on legal footing where it was not in the past. Not getting harassed by local police when the laws were vague or non existent is an improvement in the quality of life for all involved in the activity. Yet there are those here who call people like me elitists. When do you become an elitist when you want to follow the law. When exactly did that happen? When did wanting to follow the law become only things Rich People do? What a laugh that statement is, I always heard Rich People didn't have to follow the law. The bottom line is RS 68 is the best thing to happen to a hobby and an activity that could ever happen. It takes Motored Bikes out of the closet and it may be one of the rare times these days government in the State of Florida did the right thing. And yes even the poor people pay for their drivers licenses and tags.

According to the Florida Statutes, is it legal for road rollers to be on the roads with no registration and without a licensed Driver?

Then I guess when rollers become a real problem They will need their RS ** of their own.

Then I guess when rollers become a real problem They will need their RS ** of their own.

I see your logic. Engine powered bicycles in Florida are a problem and they must be registered. You are on the road unregistered and you are near a road roller and a huge farm tractor; both without registration or licensed operators. You must be a problem compared the them. Am I correct?

Specifically, what problems have "illegal" MB's caused?

In Hawaii, you can ride an automobile or a MB without licenses. No problem. Why the difference?

Last edited:
Back