Show us your motored bikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I'm in the preliminary stage of building my first bike, so I thought in the meantime I'd entertain myself by asking for pictures of your awesome bikes :). I've already seen some cool stuff in my short time on this forum, but nowhere have I seen a thread devoted to pictures of your delicious machines!
Let's see what you're riding :)!
(also, if I missed a thread like this, please point me in the right direction.)‎

Cool bike it'd be cool to black the motor out with some chrome side covers

I started to buy a black motor but not sure how the paint is on them. My plains are to powder coat the covers on the motor and put a better back exhaust on it. Next project on it is to get some front brakes on it.
Thanks
Jeff

Paints pretty good depends on where you got it at, all the black motors I've got were off eBay from a place in New Jersey and run pretty good

How does the paint hold up after years of riding? My motor on my rig ( motorcycle with sidecar) motor is powder coated and after 116,000 miles still looks good. All my bikes I build all I use is powder coat as it holds up MUCH better then paint. All so have a friend that has a powder coat shop about 2 miles from me. LOL
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
I never had any problems with it except if your pedal rubs the covers or something like that it comes off but that's every type of paint

I take my bike motors apart before I ever turn them over as I have found way to much dirt, trash and metal shavings in the one I got. I see why they want you to run 16 to 1 oil in hopes of flushing it out before it all messes up the motor. Mine had so many shavings the rod was binding till I cleaned it out. NOT GOOD. I am guessing they paint the motors all together so when you take them apart you could mess up the paint unless you cut with a razor blade at the gaskets first.
Thanks
Jeff

And for your brakes I'd look into disk brakes
They are more expensive but dang they look cool on a bicycle plus they work in the rain :)

Got my race skyhawk with a true 70cc china girl. stroked, ported, balanced, and reeded. shes a very bad girl all i have left to do is,jet the carb as she runs lean at top.
ess1455436919961.jpg
ess1455436898705.jpg
20160130_162705.jpg

34 tooth aluminium hub mount on back and an 11 tooth on the motor.
takes it a,second to torque band out with the 11 and i gotta slip the clutch more but its worth it for a few more mph nd the crazyness of the torque band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back