Sick Bike Parts-bikes thread!

i have seen a bunch of pictures of these bikes but i always want more. so lets see what you have done and please, ONLY bikes with the SBP shifter kit installed!

Cheers lincolnMercury, I'll have a sus of it and cruise down to the bike shop tomorrow to see if they can shorten and adjust it for me. The chain is some weird shimano item that requires special rivets :(

Good call on the bike chain length. Generally most installs can go without a few links on the orginal chain. Also have the bikeshop check that your derailleur is dialed in perfectly.

Nice bike - installation looks good.

Thanks Pablo. Just for reference here are a couple of pics of the bike in top gear. The chain is definately touching which is surely causing my "twang" problem. I swear I checked it before but I must have been in the wrong gear. :s

The position of the lower cog should be at "B". It looks like 2 linnks should do it.

Attachments

• bikechain.jpg
    bikechain.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 295
Ok, here is a stupid question. But I don't know the answer.
Well the sick bike parts shifter kit work with a internal hub that has a coaster brake?
Meaning, will it allow me to peddle back wards to activate the coaster brake?

The front freewheel will not allow you to engage the coaster brake. Yes you can pedal backwards but it won't move the chain.

Well I went to the local bike shop yesterday to have my chain shortened and the guy there told me it was already the right length and he refused to shorten it. Dunno what to do now.

Yeah I did but it doesnt feel any different to how it was before I went in the shop. The only thing that is different is the brakes which he got working nicely. The bike still has that quarter of a crank or so of slip after freewheeling.

The "slip" as you refer to it is quite normal. Most people have never pedaled a front freewheel bike so it feels different. What you are feeling is the amount of a revolution that it takes the pawls in the freewheel to engage. Now that you have 2 freewheels, front and rear, it can take even more of a revolution from the crank before they both are engaged and driving the wheel.

I would be more concerned about the getting your chain alignment right so that your chains will not interfere with each other. There are some tips in the instructions on how to resolve this. Your chain could stand to lose a link or two but it isn't that bad.

Back