Closed Sick Bike Parts Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
6:59 PM
Screenshot from 2021-09-23 09-30-50.png

"Sick Bike Parts sells a variety of products for use with 2 stroke engine kits, and 4 stroke engine kits and electric bike kits, but does not sell the actual gas motor kits themselves. They invented and sell a shift kit that works with almost every bike, which means you can use the gears on your motorized bike for better pulling power up hills without losing top end speeds."

Forum Username: @Pablo

I ordered a kit from the guys, with the cheapest (slowest) shipping option. The proposed shipping time would be 6 to 16 working days, okay no drama's. I got it in 5 working days, they must have shipped it as soon as they got the funds. Not even a day or 2 later, must have been that day.

All the parts were there, very well packaged, excellent product. My thoughts on the kit is here.

I also got my kit in a time frame that would indicate same day or next day shipping. Excellent service in terms of shipping and communication. The kit is top notch engineering and fabrication, substantially better construction then the engine your going to put it on. Unless you have a crank-pull, you will need to hit a bike shop to convert the pedals and chainring, but i paid 20 bucks labor total, so it's really no big deal. I have a tiny norco wolverine frame, and the kit fit's just fine, so i don't think very many people will have clearance issues. Overall, this is essentialy the next step in HT engines. There are no downsides at all, shifting is sweet and useful, and the kit isn't hard to put together at all if you're allready the kind of person into mucking arround with mb's.

Great job guys! A true next-gen innovation.

grabbed an electronic speedometer the other day and clocked myself at a screaming 59.3km/h on flat. wait till it's broken in properly (no more wot lol) and there's a boost bottle on there, we'll see what she can really do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave them a 5. I ordered a shut off valve and fuel filter from them last week and they responded to emails very fast. i checked the shipping and it was sent to my old address then back to them. well i emailed him and told him and again the response was very fast. he assured me that when he got the parts back, he would ship them out to my new address on his dime(well more than a dime). The shipping was very fast considering that it went from washington to kansas twice in 9 days.VERY good customer service. I would definately order from them again, and next time i will make sure they get the right address(my fault). thanks for the high quality products SBP

Sick Bikes does everything right. Good prices. Good stuff. It kinda sucks they don't have engine internals like psitons and parts or even engine kits, but I guess that's not what they do.

But I have bought 3 shift kits now and a bunch of accesory stuff and everytime it comes really quick I know sometimes they might me sold out but it must not be be for real long. The kit I just got has powder coated plates (some kind of nice HD primer) and they seem to be really thick.

Don't hesitate to buy from these guys.

htere's not much more or new to say of / for Jim and Paul that hasn't been brought up already.

but i will confirm the other comments that if you expect comfirmation of order / money recieved and shipping of goods, to recieve top quality parts and instant unquestioned address of issues THESE GUYS DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS.

some others on this list could take a lesson.

thanks again guys

steve

I ordered a number of items off their product page at one time.
The shipping box was well packed. There is nothing I can say that
has been mentioned by others- except they also bring customer
awareness to environmental concerns about the bubble wrap they
use in their packing. Showing concerns that they are enviromental
concious.....................Top Notch

I just received my kit!!!
Not bad considering that I sent the payment just after X-mass and I'm in Canada.
They also answered my original email within minutes, I thought that was cool!
I see I got the newer version, with that extra support added, so that can only be good.
The parts fell out of some of the bags, puncturing the "bubble wrap" giving me a box of loose parts, maybe a staple on each bag would help. I'm happy though and have seen how those boxes are thrown around at those shipping places so it's no a big deal, just thought I'd throw that out there.
Well, I now have a brand new motor and the shift kit to play with which will go on an electric bike, keeping both drives usable (electric and gas).
I guess I'll have to buy a digital camera next and will post pics of my Hybrid "thing".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
info added 02/03/09
So far I'm very happy with the kit, everything went together well and all parts were well made. The rear mount is simple and brilliant at the same time.
For me it allowed me to keep my electric driveline totally stock.
I haven't got it running yet but I use the bike every day and Peddle the bike ,turning the jackshaft, so I know that it will work fine.
Everyone loves to look at it and nod thier heads as they see how well thought out it is. One guy looked at it for awhile and said "oh, you'll be able to change gears like a motorcycle!"
Still have work to do with the battery box because it can't sit as low as it should but I have plans flying through my head!

Attachments

• ns3.jpg
    ns3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 3,287
  • ns5.jpg
    ns5.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,986
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 2,843
Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't bought a kit yet because I want it to go on a bike worthy of the engineering of SBP's product. Can't see putting it on a Walmart or Target bicycle with their flimsy derailleurs. My experience is with his parts dept. I get my orders faster than I'm ready to install them. Always look forward to innovations coming from SBP. Paul is really good about sharing information and saving you time with what he's learned the hard way.

Back