Official Sick Bike Parts Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Aug 5, 2008.

Please rate your experience w/ Sick Bike Parts: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

0 vote(s)
  4. 2 - Below Average

5. 1 - Poor

1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

SickBikeParts Reviews:

Other Names: Sick Bike Parts
    MBc Username: Pablo, Ghost0
    Products: Motorized bicycle engine kits and motorized bicycle performance parts

2. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

I ordered a kit from the guys, with the cheapest (slowest) shipping option. The proposed shipping time would be 6 to 16 working days, okay no drama's. I got it in 5 working days, they must have shipped it as soon as they got the funds. Not even a day or 2 later, must have been that day.

All the parts were there, very well packaged, excellent product. My thoughts on the kit is here.
  3. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

I also got my kit in a time frame that would indicate same day or next day shipping. Excellent service in terms of shipping and communication. The kit is top notch engineering and fabrication, substantially better construction then the engine your going to put it on. Unless you have a crank-pull, you will need to hit a bike shop to convert the pedals and chainring, but i paid 20 bucks labor total, so it's really no big deal. I have a tiny norco wolverine frame, and the kit fit's just fine, so i don't think very many people will have clearance issues. Overall, this is essentialy the next step in HT engines. There are no downsides at all, shifting is sweet and useful, and the kit isn't hard to put together at all if you're allready the kind of person into mucking arround with mb's.

Great job guys! A true next-gen innovation.

grabbed an electronic speedometer the other day and clocked myself at a screaming 59.3km/h on flat. wait till it's broken in properly (no more wot lol) and there's a boost bottle on there, we'll see what she can really do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  4. levsmith

levsmith Member

I gave them a 5. I ordered a shut off valve and fuel filter from them last week and they responded to emails very fast. i checked the shipping and it was sent to my old address then back to them. well i emailed him and told him and again the response was very fast. he assured me that when he got the parts back, he would ship them out to my new address on his dime(well more than a dime). The shipping was very fast considering that it went from washington to kansas twice in 9 days.VERY good customer service. I would definately order from them again, and next time i will make sure they get the right address(my fault). thanks for the high quality products SBP
  5. Slay

Slay Member

Sick Bikes does everything right. Good prices. Good stuff. It kinda sucks they don't have engine internals like psitons and parts or even engine kits, but I guess that's not what they do.

But I have bought 3 shift kits now and a bunch of accesory stuff and everytime it comes really quick I know sometimes they might me sold out but it must not be be for real long. The kit I just got has powder coated plates (some kind of nice HD primer) and they seem to be really thick.

Don't hesitate to buy from these guys.
  6. I have ordered Amsoil, and recently a Dual Pull brake lever, and always recieve excellent service, and communication from Jim, and Paul.....
  7. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

htere's not much more or new to say of / for Jim and Paul that hasn't been brought up already.

but i will confirm the other comments that if you expect comfirmation of order / money recieved and shipping of goods, to recieve top quality parts and instant unquestioned address of issues THESE GUYS DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS.

some others on this list could take a lesson.

thanks again guys

8. beachcruiser

beachcruiser Member

I ordered a number of items off their product page at one time.
    The shipping box was well packed. There is nothing I can say that
    has been mentioned by others- except they also bring customer
    awareness to environmental concerns about the bubble wrap they
    use in their packing. Showing concerns that they are enviromental
    concious.....................Top Notch
  9. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

I just received my kit!!!
    Not bad considering that I sent the payment just after X-mass and I'm in Canada.
    They also answered my original email within minutes, I thought that was cool!
    I see I got the newer version, with that extra support added, so that can only be good.
    The parts fell out of some of the bags, puncturing the "bubble wrap" giving me a box of loose parts, maybe a staple on each bag would help. I'm happy though and have seen how those boxes are thrown around at those shipping places so it's no a big deal, just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Well, I now have a brand new motor and the shift kit to play with which will go on an electric bike, keeping both drives usable (electric and gas).
    I guess I'll have to buy a digital camera next and will post pics of my Hybrid "thing".

info added 02/03/09
    So far I'm very happy with the kit, everything went together well and all parts were well made. The rear mount is simple and brilliant at the same time.
    For me it allowed me to keep my electric driveline totally stock.
    I haven't got it running yet but I use the bike every day and Peddle the bike ,turning the jackshaft, so I know that it will work fine.
    Everyone loves to look at it and nod thier heads as they see how well thought out it is. One guy looked at it for awhile and said "oh, you'll be able to change gears like a motorcycle!"
    Still have work to do with the battery box because it can't sit as low as it should but I have plans flying through my head!

Attached Files:

• ns3.jpg
      File size:
      256.1 KB
    • ns5.jpg
      File size:
      100.2 KB
    • a2.jpg
      File size:
      262.7 KB
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
  10. hillofbeans

hillofbeans New Member

Haven't bought a kit yet because I want it to go on a bike worthy of the engineering of SBP's product. Can't see putting it on a Walmart or Target bicycle with their flimsy derailleurs. My experience is with his parts dept. I get my orders faster than I'm ready to install them. Always look forward to innovations coming from SBP. Paul is really good about sharing information and saving you time with what he's learned the hard way.
  11. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Review of Sick Bike Parts:

Product: "Shift Kit" Every piece of this kit is quality gear, it is a bit expensive compared to the price of the motor that I used.
    Customer Service: I had an issue with one item, and it was quickly resolved, at no additional cost to me.
    Technical Service: I asked questions and got answers. The instructions are solid, especially if you read them.
    Ordering: Not the best way on the web, but it works.
    Website: Very simple site, maybe a bit to simple, but I am a geek at heart. I think they could jazz it up a bit (buttons from would be a thought. I even found the font that pretty much matches their logo)

Overall: These gentleman are great to work with and if I need something they have I will get it from them.
  12. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

SBP review

Ordered - a couple tools, some small parts. Great service - I've never seen a quicker merchant rresponse to an order placement. My order arrived on the 3rd day, well packaged, complete and quality goods.

I can't address direct contact customer service, because I've had no need to make such. I expect it will be as good as everything else they do, if I need to call or e-mail in future.
  13. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Second Review of Sick Bike Parts:

Product: "Some stuff" abit expensive compared that might be had but you have to rember Goodwill is my store of choice, LOL

Customer Service: Nothing to report on this order, other than the Tech Support I received.

Technical Service: I asked questions on one of the forums that they support and got answers. I choose to put it on a forum, in case anyone else had the same kind of questions. SBP might consider, gathering these kind of posts and having them on their site, in their copious free time. The instructions are solid.

Ordering: The new format made ordering much simpler.

Website: Simple site, fairly easy to navigate. One issue is clicking on an image to enlarge it should ENLARGE it

Overall: Great to work with and if I need something else I need I will get it from them.

I already voted so I can't nor would I, change my vote.
  14. Junster

Junster Member

Sick Bike Parts Order

I placed an order with these guys at about 5:30 in the evening. It shipping the very next day. I got email confirmations on the order placement and the shipping. It was a very good transaction.
  15. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

so i just got my expansion chambered exaust mounted to my shift kitted 49cc engine. Clocked myself at 66.9 km/h on flat without tuning the chamber or the carb. Sick bike parts has once again come through with the next thing in M-B. I experience substantially more acceleration on the order of 30-50% with the new pipe, and top speed has gone up at least 10 km/h. The biggest difference is the way it maintains acceleration uphill, it has way more torque. All arround, and amazing upgrade that siginifigantly increase engine performance. I'm honestly flabergasted.
  16. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm impressed with these guys...

I've only ordered one item from them, but I'll be ordering more.

Quality seems to be fine. Packaging was top notch. Order shipped immediately, within 24 hours. Arrival seemed to be a bit slow, but that's not sbp's fault.
  17. spad4me

spad4me Member

I ordered a Heavy duty freewheel and the usual items to make up an engine driven pedal able freewheel.
    Placed the order on Friday got the parts on Monday WOW.

I gave em an excellent rating .

The cheapest parts I could find (or equal_parts) to sick bike parts was the same price but very inferior in quality.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  18. Shadeslay

Shadeslay Member

I've ordered from Sick Bike Parts 4-5 times now, they always seem to have something I want or forgot to order. Every order has had very quick shipping, great packaging, quality parts and great prices. I highly recommend ordering from them, if they have something you want or need.
  19. redpiper777

redpiper777 Member

Hey everybody I read this review again and wanted to add a few things...I think the origianal review may have looked a bit harsh but I really didnt mean it to look that way...For starters I installed the air cleaner and took her for a spin and noticed a definite increase in power...These 2 strokers cant get much more powerful or faster than they are so every little bit helps....The look of the air cleaner is not all that bad..I just had a look in mind when I ordered it and I had to adjust that look in mind when I opened the box LOL...I'm just a little particular about the look of my bike because its the first one I built..After e-mailing with Pablo he did explain that they new the air cleaner pic on the website was an issue and they are working to change it...I just want everybody to know that I definitely would order from these guys again because of the product line they carry...They by far have some of the most inovative and upgraded parts for motored bikes on the planet...By the way I gotta give these guys a 6 on a scale of 1 to 5 for communication
  20. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I have bought almost everything they carry at SBP and have had excellent service from both men and any problem with equipment was quickly addressed or had already been addressed. I will be using some of their stuff to customize installs of all types of motors. Service and products are as good as it gets and with a great price too. There is nothing perfect but they make the pursuit of perfection a realistic pursuit. I have about 1000 miles on the Rotten Orange Gary Fisher that datz510 built and it rides really strong. I had about 300 miles on another shift kit build that I changed back to a straight drive when I got the Rotten Orange. I have too much fun shifting as I go to work.