Sick Gets a GRIP

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by Pablo, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

New from Sick Bike Parts:

Silicone racing grips, two tone black and gray.

Racing grips

Way better than the rock hard stock grips. These suckers are nicely padded and have excellent shock absorption and vibration dampening. Left is for 7/8 inch bars and right is for the 1 inch throttle assembly. Priced lower than MC shop grips.

Also - watch for the upcoming SBP 2010 FALL SALE

2. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

Good idea. I like it.
  3. Pablo

They actually dampen vibes a decent amount. We now have slashed the price for our sale - mainly because we bought so many!!! Every time I open a box, it's full of grips. Every container. Not sure what possessed us to buy so many, maybe Halloween or something. I'm drowning in grips. I tried sleeping on them - pretty soft but they kind move around a lot!!
  4. happycheapskate

I am not sure if I understand. Are these made for the SBP throttle control, only, or can they be used with the common Grubee throttle kit as replacement grips? [​IMG] SPB throttle part shown
  5. Pablo

The grips will fit ANY 7/8 inch bars and 1 inch throttle assembly. So yep - it will fit the kit throttles.
  6. Slay

Slay Member

I just received my grips. I must say two things: They fit the stock throttle set up fine, and man these suckers are grippy and vibration deadening. Sweet deal, I'm getting some for my other bikes!!!

$5.99? Are you guys nuts?? Such a deal.
  7. Pablo

Don't answer that.
  8. happycheapskate

The grip set that came with my Bikeberry kit has a right hand grip that is held on by the two mating halves that holds the cable stop and the killswitch. Does the grip reside on a plastic throttle assembly that it can be separated from?
  9. Pablo

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it at first, but the "grip" part of the stock throttles does come off. I use a knife, because it's going in the trash anyway. The new right grip goes onto the throttle tube.
  10. happycheapskate

Ok, I see how it can work then. Thanks!
  11. ccpomea

ccpomea Member

Got two pair's on Monday - I wasnt going to get them (wasn't keen on the color.. lame reason I know), but was ordering some other stuff and thought what the heck. Glad I did, very grippy and nice to have the HD throttle and the other side of my handlebar match up tactile wise.

A tip everyone probably knows anyway....Hairspray will help getting them on handlebar and over the HD throttle SBP sell's. I used to use detergent, but I left a non motorized bike in the rain once and that wasn't fun.
  12. happycheapskate

Rubbing alcohol also works well on soft rubber grips. You have to wait for the alcohol to evaporate, but it lubricates them on, and makes them grip pretty well. Hairspray is classic though. That works too.
  13. zaviii

zaviii Member

Nice Grips!!!