simple, sturdy pusher trailer hitch

D

Dennis Becraft

http://www.electricbicycletrailer.com/ Here's the best design I've seen for a seatpost pusher trailer hitch. It's simple and strong. Like most seatpost hitches, your frame must be small enough for you to reach your pedals when enough seatpost is exposed to accommodate the hitch.
Watch the video at the top of the page. He removes the seatpost, inserts it through the hitch, then reinstalls the seatpost into the frame. The hitch is free to rotate on the seatpost to allow the trailer to turn. The hitch needs only a horizontal hinge so the trailer can lift over bumps. It looks like there is a ring clamp beneath the hitch to keep it from contacting the frame. A quick release seatpost would be best for this hitch. The seatpost part of the hitch should be made of wood or plastic which could be bored through with a spade bit. Metal would erode the seatpost unless complicated with bushings/bearings/sealed lubrication etc.
I like the folding tongue feature and plan to use it more to adjust to different bikes than for storage. I want mine to fit recumbents, and regular upright frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,

I Hope You Are Well Have Not Heard From You In A Long Time, I Left A Message.

Stuart 14344892258

Back