Sir, you're gas tank is leaking......!

Hi, Bigz

Yeah, one of my tanks leaks at the cap also. I just don't fill it up all the way (still seeps a little). Tell ya the truth I think they all leak a little there, don't ask me why. I believe one of these HT dealers sells just the cap, you should surf all these sites so you get a handle on who has what. If worse comes to worse just order another tank. This is one of those area's that needs to be addressed........"Do ya hear me China"!!!

As long as the paint is fuel proof, I think those Hi-temp paints are. All of the tanks have rust in them, or will, just use a fuel filter. When the tank is too far gone get a new one, or you can Por-15 it........Ahhhh, a lot of $'s & work.

The only problem I have had with gas cap was the gasket. Should be able to find a replacement gasket at a Napa store, good luck

thanks. What kind of gasket could i get? Is there a specific type I should ask for? Are there any places I can get a new gas cap. help?

i had a problem with my tank comming loss so i took a rubber hose and cut it in half and put it on the frame and put the gas tank on that and it stayed on and there is no fribration or metal to metal

Exactly, I wish someone would make after market tank's (Ga.) for motorized bikes with some choices and better quality. Like a sportster tank for choppers, a cafe tank, cylinder tank for boardtrack style, etc.

I tried to get one of these mini chopper dealers to sell me a tank, of course they couldn't do it.

All I can say is the motorized bike market is ripe for someone to start making cool accessories and improvements that we all need and want.

Hi Bigz: Here Is the number to a place in Montana I get alot of my two stroke parts from 1-800-514-8435 ask for Jeromy he's a sharp kid and will get you what you need. Let me know how it go's.

The virtues of plastic/poly tanks are many indeed, there's only one problem, "they look like plastic".....Not really something I want on my chopper, and their not that cheap either.

Tanks for the memories & help.

All of my gas caps leaked too. I placed an O ring nder one cap between the gasket and the knob to get more down pressure on the gasket. Stopped the leak but the cap is a little harder to lock into place.
On another bike I didn't have an O rin at the time and I just wrapped a rubber band around it, (again, under the gasket) with the same results.
I have also placed rubber under my gas tank using pieces of the hand grips which I had to cut away when i put the new ones on. Don't like metal on metal.

Back