For Sale SkyHawk Aluminum Bike Frame GT2-A for $99 free ship

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by darwin, Dec 18, 2014.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

2. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

Buy it! No brainer! Worth much more than $99!

3. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I've been wanting one of those frames for a while, this was a no brainer for me.

4. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

The only problem I have had is that this frame is made for a 1 1/8" threadless headset. I have been fighting with a starnut that just cannot sit still inside the threadless steerer tube. That's alot of stress on the front end.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I like the look of those frames and the gas tank in the frame is brilliant for our purpose.

6. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

Uh oh. I just broke the front motor mount! Not good. I am trying to affect a short term fix. Eventually, I'll have to have the thing rewelded on when I get my new engine. It's my fault.

7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I got my frame in a few days ago and the welds look nice at a glance but there's tie in issues that I'm going to have to fix. If your frame has the same problem then don't blame yourself too much

8. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

i just got this frame and i got everything put together and ive been on 1 ride with it and i love it. i bought a set of reducers to fit the 1 inch threaded headset into the 1 1/8 inch head set and am using a sit of bent springer forks. the bent springers are the only part that worry me but for the price i payed for em ill take the risk. since i bout mine for 100 the frames at gasbike.net have since gone up th 140 but its still not a bad price in my oppinion. 10923535_410001792500118_238552103170405464_n.jpg

9. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Which pipe you have on that thing josheesley90? I have the same frame I'm building up myself and I like the looks of that pipe! As soon as I get my rear wheel in Monday that matches the front I'll be able to continue on with my build, kinda trying to go board track racer style. I want to get all the bugs worked out on it as a peddle bike before I start working on the engine side of it, the motor is just sitting in there loose for looks right now........

Attached Files:

10. aceinthesky

aceinthesky New Member

went from a 99 dollar frame to an almost 2000 dollar build lol.

image (1).jpg image.jpg

11. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

12. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Nice work guys.
    I went threadless front fork steer tube and headset on mine, and like Ace's a 4 stroke shifter, but mine is the way cramped G2A-S straight bar frame.

[​IMG]

The A with an S downbar is better for 4-strokes, you just cut the front 2-stroke mount bar off.

13. HDCowboy

HDCowboy New Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  14. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

i have yet to order anything from jakebike just because of the lack of funds lately, but i have talked to jake in email just to get so personal oppinions, and he is a pretty cool guy. hes down to help the new guy. and he was really quick with getting back to me. personally i would love to have one of his prebuilt bikez

15. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

i have the arrow tourquer 2 exhaust i love the sound and power of that thing. i picked mine up at arrowmotorizedcycles.com.

16. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

It's bikes like this that got me all buzzed up about motorbikes! I've been shooting for this look but, me being me, my bike is a bit too rat bikish!