Skyhawk bog

yellowbeard

Local time
7:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to this. Glad to be here, just mounted my 66cc Grubee Skyhawk on my bike. It idles a little high and it bogs down at about 1/4 throttle. Is there carb ajustments I need to do? thanks Joe

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

hey, i have the same motor and the same problems. i just got mine going today. The guy i have do all my motorcycle work said i used the wrong 2 stroke oil. i used the weed wacker stuff. he told me to use the moped stuff they sell it at motorcycle/dirtbike shops cost me like $8 for enough to mix 6gal and im running mine rich for the breakin period. as far as the clutch a guy i know said it may be because 2 things the lever they supply is short and the whole thing is new so i used 2 hands and worked the lever for a wile. then rode it for a wile and kept pulling the clutch it is about 2x as easy to pull now but i too am waiting for somemore help. hope this helps a little.

skyhawk bog watch that chain!

Watch out for that loose chain! That will kill ya when you least expect it. It can be a real pain to replace those spokes on that side or, to get the chain out between the "doughnut" and the spokes.

I think I have the same unit as you. The main thing I made sure of for the clutch cable was the routing and to make sure the length was "just right" I also took the cable apart and greased it. If it is the same as mine than you have a pinch nut on the end of the cable, so it will let you disassemble it. I also made sure that the cable was "squared off" at the end. I only have to use on hand to operate it.

mike

Last edited:
I just read a post from someone said the bog could also be an air problem that is very common. i just followed it and it solved the problem. check ur exaust make sure its tight, check that ur carb is air tight where it mounts up and play with the air screw to lean it out if nessisary. hope it helps.

Jakson I'm in providence if you need any help. I have a few bikes under my belt.

check for an air leak where the carb. mounts to the intake tube, or where the intake tube mounts to the cylinder.

Uno, I had same bogging on 2010 Skyhawk 66/slant!~CNS is now a nice paper weight on desk. Old style carb does fantastic.....................NO BOGGING at all/clean tan burn.

Back