Slightly OT: Silly BIke I got- TOTE GOTE!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by huckersteve, Nov 16, 2008.

1. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I used to use one of those with an old Wisconsin engine to get up into the mountains to go hunting. As far as I know it is still in my Dad's old shop - I left it there when I went off to college 36 years ago. Given the plate on that one, and the near identical appearance, I wonder if you bought that thing off my brother.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

my buddy has one...belonged to his dad. used it to haul/drag deer etc. out of the woods.
    the things like a two wheeled tractor.

4. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Cool Simon!

Simon that's awesome you should find out if your old Gote is still there!

I want people to find these things and mail them to MY HOUSE! I will not be satisfied till I have a herd of Tote Gotes lol!

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

they are cool arn't they

grandpa had one -- strong THING

ride that Thing

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Called my brother - the old totegote is still in Dad's shop. He said he used it last year to go elk hunting from. I never knew about it, but Dad pulled the original rear wheel and stuck a narrowed lawn tractor differential rear end in it with a regular gote wheel outboard on each side. Says it has a 14 wide wheelbase, and will go anywhere.

I've asked him to e-mail me some pics.

7. QuadManiac

QuadManiac Member

8. mabman

mabman Member

Tote Goats were pretty cool back in the day but when the Rokon Trailbreaker came to town they were pretty much forgotten about where I lived.
    142fe3a0.jpg

They were actually made in my hometown in the old box factory. We had several as I was growing up and although they were slow they would go anywhere. One flew off the trailer at interstate speed once on the way back from a hunting trip and it just skinned the rear rack and tore up one of the handgrips and bent a lever. They still make them today.

I followed a link from that Rokon pic that I posted and came across this little gem. Back when I grew up in the 60's mini bikes were about the best thing you could ever want and here is a gallery of just about every one ever made and then some. Caution, do not go here unless you have some serious time to waste: http://members.tripod.com/JLEIBOVITCH/id32.htm

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

You got that right!! I had to bookmark it & back away!! I could get "lost" there, as bad as I do on youtube!! :smilielol5:

thanks for the link to my childhood!!!