Slow Acceleration after sitting for a week?

DoktorD1313

Local time
10:51 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info on new carb tune-ups :2thumbsup:

But due to a little bit of colder weather here in Raleigh, I had to dock the bike for about a week. I just got back from warmin it up and fixing a clutch cable problem (broken adjustment screw) and I'm a little nervous over what I saw.

The engine fired right up and purred when I gave it throttle with clutch held, but whenever I disengaged and started my ride, I had less top speed, less power, and slower acceleration than before?

Reving the engine stationary nothing seems wrong at all, but as soon as a get goin, I just don't have the same umph I did before this cold weather?

Any ideas?

does the engine sound normal..... like hitting the same rpm's as before.....if so....sounds like your clutch might be slipping.

I second srdavo...
you said you were working on the cable adjustment, sounds like you are tighter than before...causing slippage

Sure does, the engine hits the high RPMs without any problem at all...

I have the standard clutch on it, but I just received the centrifugal in the mail today.

I just struck me as odd because everything is so new

well i had the same exact problem and it will contiune to decrease until ur jet uncrews all the way out from vibrations. then i screwed it all back in and now everything is better than normal and u might want to check for dirt inside the carb while its apart.

Back