slow bike can any1 help

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by toolow, Aug 12, 2009.

1. toolow

toolow Member

my bike is really slow i have an 80cc port match intake and exhaust put an pocket bike exhaust on it upgraded plug to ngkr and plug wire to an 8.8 and it only goes like 20 mph at the most it suck riding with friends and they r so much faster please help

2. biken stins

biken stins Member

Try checking for air leaks.
    close the plug gap.
    Make sure all your wires are connected well.
    Did you match intake manifold and exhaust to cylinder ?
    O ring for carb ?
    Adjust carb.
    Sprocket or wheels binding ?
    Good luck

3. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Is it revving high and not going faster than 20? If so, your clutch is probably slipping.

4. toolow

toolow Member

Did you match intake manifold and exhaust to cylinder ? yes did
    Is it revving high and not going faster than 20? If so, your clutch is probably slipping. no but with the clutch pulled in it revs good just will not go very fast
    what should i gap the plug at its at .25 now

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. mattysids

mattysids Member

don't drop it too much, maybe .20 for a bigger bang.

remember that during break-in the bike won't go fast anyway, even at full throttle it will maybe hit 25 mph with a 44t sprocket

6. biken stins

biken stins Member

Might adjust the clutch again.
    What size sprocket ?
    Put the muffler from kit on and try it. The pocket bike exhaust may be restricting for some reason if all else is good.

7. toolow

toolow Member

44t sprocket messed up header pipe on kit muffler

8. toolow

toolow Member

ok got it runnig good but chain twisted and now i think sprocket is bent now what

9. biken stins

biken stins Member

What did you do to get it running ?
    Which sprocket is bent. Don't matter. Hammer on flat surface, Lightly.

10. toolow

toolow Member

i think it had an intake air leak well i really dont know i put an o ring to try that and imy twist throttle broke so i put a brake lever on it and started it up and i was flyin and then the chain came off and rear wheel locked up didnt go down but real close

11. toolow

toolow Member

it is about time i got this thing fixed i hope to go 4 long ride tomorrow will post how it goes

12. toolow

toolow Member

well didnt go to good today twist another chain tonight but 1 good thing is motor runs good still not runin over 23 but its better than 20 i guess