slow bike can any1 help

toolow

Local time
4:45 PM
my bike is really slow i have an 80cc port match intake and exhaust put an pocket bike exhaust on it upgraded plug to ngkr and plug wire to an 8.8 and it only goes like 20 mph at the most it suck riding with friends and they r so much faster please help

Try checking for air leaks.
close the plug gap.
Make sure all your wires are connected well.
Did you match intake manifold and exhaust to cylinder ?
O ring for carb ?
Adjust carb.
Sprocket or wheels binding ?
Good luck

my bike is really slow i have an 80cc port match intake and exhaust put an pocket bike exhaust on it upgraded plug to ngkr and plug wire to an 8.8 and it only goes like 20 mph at the most it suck riding with friends and they r so much faster please help

Is it revving high and not going faster than 20? If so, your clutch is probably slipping.

Did you match intake manifold and exhaust to cylinder ? yes did
Is it revving high and not going faster than 20? If so, your clutch is probably slipping. no but with the clutch pulled in it revs good just will not go very fast
what should i gap the plug at its at .25 now

Last edited:
don't drop it too much, maybe .20 for a bigger bang.

remember that during break-in the bike won't go fast anyway, even at full throttle it will maybe hit 25 mph with a 44t sprocket

Might adjust the clutch again.
What size sprocket ?
Put the muffler from kit on and try it. The pocket bike exhaust may be restricting for some reason if all else is good.

i think it had an intake air leak well i really dont know i put an o ring to try that and imy twist throttle broke so i put a brake lever on it and started it up and i was flyin and then the chain came off and rear wheel locked up didnt go down but real close

Back