Carby Slower with a racing carby?

agrmodz

Local time
7:49 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Just put my other carby back on, it goes way faster...... why is that... I like the look of the racing carby, but it goes to slow... any suggestions to get my top speed on the racing carby?

I'll be honest, I don't know much abut that particular carburetors. However I've known NT carbs to GET the float stuck sometimes Ira as simple as a few taps with a screwdriver on the bottom of the bowl? Or jets need to.be changed.
Did you have to.shape the pin to a point like a Tooth pick? I know some require that and you gotta know what your doing. Or maybe you need different jets /SIZE MATTERS. Good luck
keep posting when you figure it out.

It doesn't have that little nub where the barrel needs to align up does it? That would just make you're engine scream or.....

I'll be honest, I don't know much abut that particular carburetors. However I've known NT carbs to GET the float stuck sometimes Ira as simple as a few taps with a screwdriver on the bottom of the bowl? Or jets need to.be changed.
Did you have to.shape the pin to a point like a Tooth pick? I know some require that and you gotta know what your doing. Or maybe you need different jets /SIZE MATTERS. Good luck
keep posting when you figure it out.

It doesn't have that little nub where the barrel needs to align up does it? That would just make you're engine scream or.....
I think its the jet. but my other jet is different and won't fit in it. Would it do any harm to put the motorbike looking airfilter on my faster nt stock carby??

Well, I put a "HIGH VELOCITY INTAKE MANIFOLD/VALVE" On my NT Carb, its supposed to increase the airflow into your Carb.
Mine! Would only run 1/2 choked and s**tTY at that. So I tried EVERYTHING with this paperweight, & after I did that it wasstuck on full throttle after weeks of head scratching it wad a simple air leak causing (fullthrottle) new gasket at the engine? No problem so I honed it out with a carbide tip dremmel tool and used it to hold my "motorcycle " airfilter runs good mow better than plastic sponge
So if you. Try to mount that on your NT Carb? Like I did? You gotta have enuff Carb to. Grab onto and hold it there
OTHERWISE you'll lose it on yje street and a car will run it over and smash IT like I did. Or it got smashed under my wheel. Idunno how? But it was crushed by the time I turned around.
Follow ME?

the standard carb is a POS without an idle circuit and the needle has the wrong taper for this engine.

Back